Updating autoloaded tab pages

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OK, I have rebuilt the website and tried agin but got the same problem. I wonder if there is something that is not installed properly? I did have trouble with the installation (detailed in the only other thread I've posted).

There are other things that do not work too. For example, I cannot drag windows around (I used an exact copy of the code in one of the Ext.Net Examples), the cursor changes to a cross but the window cannot be dragged. Also, the installation never allowed me to add the Ext.Net controls to the VS toolbox (I think I got an error whenever I tried).

The Ext.Net installation instructions are very clear and must work for other people but it just didn't work for me. I think I'll try this at home and see if it works there. This is all very frustrating but not the fault of Ext.Net I don't think. Many thanks for your work and patience while helping me with this Daniil.

Have you heard of the problems I am having before?
    Please keep one issue per one thread, otherwise it would be too hard to support a thread.

You can start new forum threads for each issue.

Regarding to the problem with tab reloading.

What Ext.NET sources do you use?

Ext.Net Version

This is the list of files and versions in my project's Bin folder

Ext.Net.dll version 1.1.0.42036
    Ext.Net.Utilities.dll version 1.1.0.42030
    Newtonsoft.Json.dll version 3.5.0.0
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Dec 22, 2011 at 7:06 AM.
    Please try with Ext.NET v1.2.

You can download it from our site.
    http://ext.net/download
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Also I can't see where you save node's info into AppGlobals, i.e. where do you call the TreeSvrSideMethodCode method.
    You should call it within a Click listener.
    I had replied to this query by pointing out that the call was in the click listener on line 66. I knew it was there wthout even looking, having now looked I realise why you asked the question, it seems that I must have accidentally removed it somehow. I've only just discovered this - oops!

The click handler on Line 66 should look like this:

tree.Listeners.Click.Handler = "Ext.net.DirectMethods.TreeSvrSideMethodCode(node.text, node.id, node.attributes.qtip); parent.TabPanel1.activeTab.getBody().Ext.net.DirectMethods.HandleTreePanelSelection(node.text, node.id, node.attributes.qtip);"
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Please try with Ext.NET v1.2.

You can download it from our site.
    http://ext.net/download
    I've downloaded and installed v1.2 OK. When I run the website with a breakpoint set in the OnLoad sub, it still only fires the first time that the tab is activated. Subsequently, it does not fire at all.

ReloadOnEvent="true" TriggerEvent="activate"

By the way, I can see the page within the tab reload when I activate the tab, it visibly flickers as it is redrawn. It's just that the OnLoad event is not fired.
    Last edited by pyro; Dec 22, 2011 at 9:42 AM.
    Just out of curiousity I added overrides for some other page events (see code below). They are all called when the tab is first activated but never again.
        Protected Overrides Sub OnPreRenderComplete(ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
            MyBase.OnPreRenderComplete(e)
        End Sub

Protected Overrides Sub OnPreRender(ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
            MyBase.OnPreRender(e)
        End Sub

Protected Overrides Sub OnInit(ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
            MyBase.OnInit(e)
        End Sub

Protected Overrides Sub OnLoad(ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
            MyBase.OnLoad(e) 'Calls OnLoad method of the base (Page) class. This is necessary when you've overridden the OnLoad method.

TextField1.Text = "Item Details for " & AppGlobals.s_SelectedNodeName & ", Node ID: " & AppGlobals.l_SelectedNodeID & ", Node QTip: " & AppGlobals.s_SelectedNodeQTip
        End Sub
    Last edited by pyro; Dec 22, 2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Hmm, please try to set up NoCache="true" for tab's AutoLoad. Does it change anything?

You're the man

Yep that worked a treat! Now the page Onload is being fired every time. Thanks so much for you efforts Daniil, I wouldn't have got there without you.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast