[CLOSED] [1.0] Drag Drop on TreePanel - Get reference to Target node

[CLOSED] [1.0] Drag Drop on TreePanel - Get reference to Target node

I'm using the TreePanel on one of my pages, similar to the following example: #/TreePanel/Basic/DragDrop_Between_Trees/

I've got drag and drop of nodes setup for one TreePanel, but I want to know how I can get access to the "Target" node ID from the server-side.

I've got a DirectEvent ("BeforeNodeDrop") which passes in the Source node ID which I can obtain by calling the TreePanel.getSelectedNodes()... method, but I also need to know the target node ID so I can save the change in the database. Are you able to provide any guidance please?

I've tried using the "NotifyDrop" handler of the DropConfig, but this doesn't appear to pass in a reference to the Target node in my function.

Thanks

Dan

RE: [CLOSED] [1.0] Drag Drop on TreePanel - Get reference to Target node

Actually, I think I've figured it out - I added the following listener to the TreePanel, and when this calls my function it passes in a reference both to the "source" and "target" nodes, which I can then pass in as ExtraParams to my DirectMethod.

<Listeners>
        <BeforeNodeDrop Fn="documentsNotifyDropNode" />
    </Listeners>

Hi,

I think you should look into the following example
    #/TreePanel/Advanced/Remote_Mode/

Remote_Mode is specially designed to perform server-side changes with confirmation (all remote actions send request to the server with action information and wait a confirmation)

Thanks - just what I needed.

Dan

I don't see the example you are referring to.

I'm in a similar situation. I'm creating a tree panel, and I need to drag / drop nodes, and choose create and delete from a context menu and update my database via ajax.

Preferably the context menu could be populated via ajax, but I don't know if that's possible.

Is there an example that shows these things ?
    hello i am too in a similar situation . but how can i access "Vlademir " example?? i'm trying to make on server-side updating database on node dragging from treepanel to another !! plz i need help!!
    any help people!!
    hello Vladimir! thanks for replying !! i think that this example is not what i'm searching for.
    i need when i drag and drop a node into tree , to update the database . i want to call a methode that update my database.
    If u know anything about that ,plz help me. thanks