Interesting presentation about extjs, Ext.NET & sencha Touch

Interesting presentation about extjs, Ext.NET & sencha Touch

Hi,

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing!
    Great presentation. It's exactly the same things we do here, down to wrapping Telerik SpellChecker =P.

I wonder what they meant in the "Future" slide when they say they want to go "pure ExtJS" while also including "Ext.NET v2". I would think "pure ExtJS" means no dependency on "Ext.NET v2" and they want to just roll everything in javascript files?
    I would think they are going to use pure ExtJS for some things and Ext.NET for others:) For example, on different pages.

But I agree with you it would be good to clarify.
    Quote Originally Posted by jchau View Post
    Great presentation. It's exactly the same things we do here, down to wrapping Telerik SpellChecker =P.

I wonder what they meant in the "Future" slide when they say they want to go "pure ExtJS" while also including "Ext.NET v2". I would think "pure ExtJS" means no dependency on "Ext.NET v2" and they want to just roll everything in javascript files?
    Hi jchau, thanks for the feedback - I produced the presentation!

On the "Future" slide, I was just talking about how we could possibly do things in future applications - one of the disadvantages we've found with Ext.NET is the extra time it takes before the newest version of Ext JS is incorporated in to Ext.NET (i.e. Ext JS 4 is released, but you have to wait extra time before you can use it as part of Ext.NET) - hence why I put the "Pure Ext JS" on the slide as one possible option, however you do then lose the tight integration with the server that you get with using Ext.NET! I was just throwing about options - it's not necessarily something we'd consider doing :o)
    Quote Originally Posted by danielg View Post
    Hi jchau, thanks for the feedback - I produced the presentation!

On the "Future" slide, I was just talking about how we could possibly do things in future applications - one of the disadvantages we've found with Ext.NET is the extra time it takes before the newest version of Ext JS is incorporated in to Ext.NET (i.e. Ext JS 4 is released, but you have to wait extra time before you can use it as part of Ext.NET) - hence why I put the "Pure Ext JS" on the slide as one possible option, however you do then lose the tight integration with the server that you get with using Ext.NET! I was just throwing about options - it's not necessarily something we'd consider doing :o)
    Same here. I love Ext.NET, but I have been doing more and more in just javascript. Our aspx pages only contain the bare minimum Ext.NET controls for layout, and then I end up creating the other components in javascript manually. Ext.NET does provide additionally functionality on top of ExtJS. I think in the long run, we will not use any Ext.NET server controls but just include the Ext.NET javascript files. Ext.NET server controls do take a hit in server rendering and producing the required javascript to send to client.
    Where abouts are you based jchau? If you're in the UK you'd be more than welcome to attend one of our future Meetups in Bath - http://www.meetup.com/The-South-West...-Sencha-Meetup. We get quite a few .NET developers turn up to our meetups.

Dan