Ext is undefined

Ext is undefined

Dear all,

I have developed an application using coolite v.0.8.3 and I have published it in two different servers:
    - The test server whose operating system is Windows XP (IIS 5.1)
    - The production server whose operating system is Windows Server 2003 (IIS 6.0)

In the first case, the application works correctly.
    In the second one, the application shows the following error: "Ext is undefined"

I have checked different threats from this forum but I didn't find the solution.

This is my web.config configuration:

Could you tell me, please, if you think that I need include anything else in this file or if there are any mistake?

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- Para obtener más información sobre cómo configurar la aplicación de ASP.NET, visite
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=169433
      -->

<configuration>
      <configSections>
        <section name="coolite" type="Coolite.Ext.Web.GlobalConfig" requirePermission="false" />
      </configSections>

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="ApplicationServices" connectionString="data source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|\aspnetdb.mdf;User Instance=true"
          providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
        <add name="PRJConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=ServerName;Initial Catalog=DBName;User ID=UserName;Password=PasswordValue"
          providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
      </connectionStrings>

<system.web>

<identity impersonate="true" userName="DomainName\UserName" password="UserPasswordValue" />

<httpHandlers>
          <add path="*/coolite.axd" verb="*" type="Coolite.Ext.Web.ResourceManager" validate="false" />
        </httpHandlers>
        <httpModules>
          <add name="AjaxRequestModule" type="Coolite.Ext.Web.AjaxRequestModule, Coolite.Ext.Web" />
        </httpModules>

<globalization culture="en-US" uiCulture="en-US" />

<compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0" />

<membership>
          <providers>
            <clear/>
            <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="ApplicationServices"
                 enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" requiresUniqueEmail="false"
                 maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="6" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10"
                 applicationName="/" />
          </providers>
        </membership>

<profile>
          <providers>
            <clear/>
            <add name="AspNetSqlProfileProvider" type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider" connectionStringName="ApplicationServices" applicationName="/"/>
          </providers>
        </profile>

<roleManager enabled="false">
          <providers>
            <clear/>
            <add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="ApplicationServices" applicationName="/" />
            <add name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider" applicationName="/" />
          </providers>
        </roleManager>

</system.web>

<system.webServer>

<modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"/>

<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
        <modules>
          <add name="AjaxRequestModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="Coolite.Ext.Web.AjaxRequestModule, Coolite.Ext.Web" />
        </modules>
        <handlers>
          <add name="AjaxRequestHandler" verb="*" path="*/coolite.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Coolite.Ext.Web.ResourceManager"/>
        </handlers>

</system.webServer>
    </configuration>

Best regards and thank you very much in advance:
    Hi,

A Web.config looks good and it should work under IIS 6.1.

What are the responses of resource requests?
    Dear Daniil,

Thank you for your attention.

The responses of resource requests are the following: Failed to load resource: the server responded with status of 404(Not found). But I checked the paths and the permissions over this folder/resources and all seems right. As I commented before, the same structure is working in the test server.

I am working vigorously to find a solution but I do not know what is wrong.

Best regards and thank you for your help.
    Hi,

If you create a very simple Ext.NET app, with just a single page + ResourceManger + <ext:Window>, then run that off the server, does it work? or not work?

Please ensure it works locally as well before uploading to server.

If running off IIS6, the following config should not be required, so you can remove.

<system.webServer>
        <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"/>

<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
        <modules>
          <add name="AjaxRequestModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="Coolite.Ext.Web.AjaxRequestModule, Coolite.Ext.Web" />
        </modules>
        <handlers>
          <add name="AjaxRequestHandler" verb="*" path="*/coolite.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Coolite.Ext.Web.ResourceManager"/>
        </handlers>
      </system.webServer>
    I don't see any other obvious problems with your web.config. I'd just start with the absolute basics, then build up from there, testing at each stage.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder