[CLOSED] Viewstate too too too heavy

[CLOSED] Viewstate too too too heavy

Hi,

Now i checked the view state of my pages, they are very too large, Can you help to reduct this, Actually I just use a 6 grids for display in the page in accordion panel, only one store for all the grids, but why, Can I disable the viewstate. any chance to improve the speed by decreasing viewstate size???
    Last edited by Daniil; Nov 21, 2011 at 1:04 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

Yes, you can remove ViewState at all setting DisableViewState="true" for a ResourceManager.

Sure, if you don't use it.

And yes, removing ViewState can improve performance.
    If I set DisableViewState="true" what are the consequences, will the direct method, direct events still work propely. any issues

Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Hi,

Yes, you can remove ViewState at all setting DisableViewState="true" for a ResourceManager.

Sure, if you don't use it.

And yes, removing ViewState can improve performance.
    By default ViewState is disabled for DirectEvent/DirectMethod.

Did you enable it? If no, it means that you don't use ViewState during DirectEvent/DirectMethod. So, it can be disabled.

One more thing.

Our DisableViewState="true" switches off both view state and control state.

Switching off control state can break ASP.NET controls and its events, more precisely, loading submitted data.

So, if you use it, please don't use Ext.Net ViewState disabling, use native:
    <%@ Page Language="C#" EnableViewState="false" %>
    Last edited by Daniil; Nov 17, 2011 at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    By default ViewState is disabled for DirectEvent/DirectMethod.

Did you enable it? If no, it means that you don't use ViewState during DirectEvent/DirectMethod. So, it can be disabled.

One more thing.

Our DisableViewState="true" switches off both view state and control state.

Switching off control state can break ASP.NET controls and its events, more precisely, loading submitted data.

So, if you use it, please don't use Ext.Net ViewState disabling, use native:
    <%@ Page Language="C#" EnableViewState="false" %>
    Are you sure that disabling resourcemanager viewstate, will not affect direct events and direct methods, Can I get values of store.Updated, etc.. in store before changed event... without any issues.

1.Give me some best practices for using Ext.Net. DO'S and DONT'S.
    2. Will using jquery along with Ext.Net (ext js) run smoothly, Is there any Extjs plugin for jquery (I guess jquery has extjs plugin.. I need the opposite)
    3.Tips to reduce the page size (Ext.Net controls generate scripts right, how effective we can code to reduce generation of junk scripts)
    4.Most Importantly I use direct methods a lot, say Page A contains 5 direct methods, and my Page B needs 3 directs method of Page A. What we do now is copy paste, which causes redundancy and diffcult to manage code. Is there any way that I can maintain all the direct methods in one page and use it, (I know that using base page I can achieve this). But I need something independent, like an handler container direct methods ....
    5. Is there any way to use the ExtDirect in Ext.Net..
    6. I would like to know the pipe line of XmlHttpRequest / Ajax request from Ext

After all I want dazzling performance thats why we chose Ext.Net, I hope our choice is right.
    Hi,

If you set DisableViewState="true" you will remove ViewState from your Page, which will reduce the size. ViewState is not required for DirectEvent/DirectMethods and by default ViewState is not used in DirectEvent/DirectMethod requests, so unless you specifically enabled ViewState, your application should still function properly.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    2. Will using jquery along with Ext.Net (ext js) run smoothly, Is there any Extjs plugin for jquery (I guess jquery has extjs plugin.. I need the opposite)
    You can set ScriptAdapter="jQuery" on the <ext:ResourceManager> if you want to use jQuery as the base script layer, instead of Ext Core.

Or you can just include jQuery on your Page as there are no conflicts between the libraries.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    @speedstepmem3, please keep one issue per one thread.

So, we'd prefer to continue here the discussion about ViewState only. For all rest please start a new thread for each issue.
    ... oops wrong thread...