[CLOSED] Need for a composite control extending Ext.NET

[CLOSED] Need for a composite control extending Ext.NET

In a MVC3 application we have a need for composite controls. By composite control, I mean, a reusable control that is used to capture the user details (like name, address, age etc). We have tried creating UserControls for this purpose which in turn use the Ext.NET controls (ext:textfield, ext:combobox etc). However, we face a lot of issues with the ability to use those UserControls with ext.net. And also the additional limitation of the UserControls being view only controls in MVC without much backend functionality.

Is there some way of achieving this through ext.net control extension?

Note:- We have successfully extended individual ext.net controls like ext:textfield and are aware of the steps to accomplish it.
    Last edited by Daniil; Nov 14, 2011 at 4:34 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

Please provide more need details what behavior of an extended control you need.

Do you need to extend the Ext.Net.CompositeField control?
    If so, please provide more information about problems you faced to.

Or are you talking about an ASP.NET Composite control?
    If so, there is no way to get an Ext.Net control from an ASP.NET Composite control.

As well could you describe these issues? We could confirm it's not supported or it can be achieved.
    However, we face a lot of issues with the ability to use those UserControls with ext.net.

Need for a composite control extending ext.net

We want to create a single ext control that is reused in multiple screens/pages, that has all of the contents (lable, textfield, combo) as shown in the image below. Is this possible?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reusable_compositecontrol.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	3431
    I think you need to extend the Ext.Net.FormPanel class adding all required fields to its Items collection.
    I take a different approach to this. I usually end up extending the javascript ExtJS object and creating a custom server side control to represent it. It works quite well.

Pros:
    - Smaller markup sent to the client since it's all in javascript and cached
    - Let UI logic be on the client for good separation of UI layer. If I need to change the layout of my window, I just need to update javascript file and not server side code.
    - Server side UserControl comes with alot of overhead vs a simple Server Control

Cons:
    - You need to be comfortable with javascript