Problems Updating from 0.6 to 0.7

Problems Updating from 0.6 to 0.7

Today I begun to update to 0.7 a project that's working in .NET 2.0.

I had some diferences on the code which I modified quikly - as changing
    <content>
    for
    <body>
    in the ext:panel structures...

But first I needed a new dll, system.core, which comes with .NET 3.5 and I had to get it from somewhere else and stuff it into the /bin folder in my project in order the new version of Coolite to work. Strange, but I did it and ...... kaplang! another error message poped up:

<title>Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.CssClassPropertyAttribute' from assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.</title><style>
             body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} 
             p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
             b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
             H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }
             H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }
             pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em}
             .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}
             .version {color: gray;}
             .error {margin-bottom: 10px;}
             .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }
            </style><h2>Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.CssClassPropertyAttribute' from 
    assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, 
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. </h2>Description: 
    An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web 
    request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and 
    where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: 
    System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 
    'System.Web.UI.CssClassPropertyAttribute' from assembly 'System.Web, 
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, 
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.

Source Error: 

<table width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffcc">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td><code>An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the 
    current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the 
    exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.</code> 
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Stack Trace: 

<table width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffcc">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td><code></code>[TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.CssClassPropertyAttribute' from assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.]
       System.ModuleHandle.ResolveType(Int32 typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle* typeInstArgs, Int32 typeInstCount, RuntimeTypeHandle* methodInstArgs, Int32 methodInstCount) +0
       System.ModuleHandle.ResolveTypeHandle(Int32 typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle[] typeInstantiationContext, RuntimeTypeHandle[] methodInstantiationContext) +216
       System.Reflection.Module.ResolveType(Int32 metadataToken, Type[] genericTypeArguments, Type[] genericMethodArguments) +211
       System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.FilterCustomAttributeRecord(CustomAttributeRecord caRecord, MetadataImport scope, Assembly&amp; lastAptcaOkAssembly, Module decoratedModule, MetadataToken decoratedToken, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, Object[] attributes, IList derivedAttributes, RuntimeType&amp; attributeType, RuntimeMethodHandle&amp; ctor, Boolean&amp; ctorHasParameters, Boolean&amp; isVarArg) +122
       System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(Module decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes) +413
       System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimePropertyInfo property, RuntimeType caType) +72
       System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetCustomAttributes(Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) +50
       Coolite.Ext.Web.ClientConfig.GetClientConfigAttribute(PropertyInfo property) +46
       Coolite.Ext.Web.ClientConfig.GetProperties(Object obj) +276
       Coolite.Ext.Web.ClientConfig.Process(Object obj) +89
       Coolite.Ext.Web.ClientConfig.Serialize(Object obj, Boolean ignoreCustomSerialization) +737
       Coolite.Ext.Web.ClientConfig.Serialize(Object obj) +32
       Coolite.Ext.Web.WebControl.get_InitialConfig() +76
       Coolite.Ext.Web.WebControl.GetClientConstructor(Boolean instanceOnly, String body) +400
       Coolite.Ext.Web.WebControl.GetClientConstructor() +31
       Coolite.Ext.Web.WebControl.OnClientInit() +104
       Coolite.Ext.Web.Observable.OnClientInit() +33
       Coolite.Ext.Web.WebControl.SetResources() +79
       Coolite.Ext.Web.WebControl.PreRenderAction() +435
       Coolite.Ext.Web.WebControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +27
       Coolite.Ext.Web.Container.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +113
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +77
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    this one is stranger.... Haven't got a clue yet.

But the point is, what's neccessary for a 0.6 app to work with 0.7? Or do I have to completely redoit??

RE: Problems Updating from 0.6 to 0.7

Hi NestorLeone,

The "Breaking Changes" for upgrading from v0.6 to v0.7 are listed in the README.txt file and Breaking Changes forum:

http://www.ext.net/download/README.txt

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...2938-12-1.aspx

The*CSSCLASSPROPERTYATTRIBUTE problem is interesting. Version 0.7 was released with that Attribute applied to a few properties, but we have since completely removed the attribute from the project because of bugs in Visual Studio. The*CSSCLASSPROPERTYATTRIBUTE is not part of the Coolite Toolkit.*

Do you have the .NET 3.5 Framework installed on your dev machine and web server? You do not need to run the application under the .NET 3.5 Framework, but the framework must be installed on the machine.*

If you install the .NET 3.5 Framework on your dev box and web server, you should remove the System.Core.dll from the /bin/ directory.

The*CSSCLASSPROPERTYATTRIBUTE'less project will be released with v0.8.0, but we do not have a specific release date for v0.8.0.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

RE: Problems Updating from 0.6 to 0.7

Thanks for your reply.

Sadly I don't have .net 3.5 installed, and I can't install it easily on my dev box, cause I'm not admin, and as i work for a large company..... you know how it is, I have to super-ultra-justify that I need support department to install anything.

I'm just investigating for now on Coolite, so that I'm afraid, does not validate the need yet.

any ideas when 0.71 will be available?