Client Side Memory Leaks

Client Side Memory Leaks

I downloaded the full source and built it in release mode, then deployed the examples website here:
    http://www.figureheadsoftware.com:8084/

I opened task manager and noticed that when i open a tab (for example click on TabPanel -> Basic -> Ajax Load, the memory usage jumps about 20 MB...then it settles down and frees about 10 MB, but even after closing the tab, there's still about 10 MB of memory that isn't freed.

However, when doing the same on the Ext.Net website:
    https://examples2.ext.net/

it jumps up about 15 MB, then settles down to about 5MB which again is not released when the tab is closed.

#1) is there some additional settings i need to look at to keep it running lean and
    #2) does everyone know about this memory consumption issue?

I have designed an application that relies heavily on tab panels - creating new closable panels. I am finding that the memory usage climbs very quickly until it basically becomes unusable.

Using FireFox 7.0.1
    Hi,

I guess the difference between memory sizes for your application and our online Examples Explorer is the fact that there is the Release dlls, but you, probably, uses the Debug ones. The Debug ones takes more memory.

About the fact that memory is not released. When a tab is created some things, for example, resources are cached and it is not released when a tab is closed.

I don't think it's an Ext.Net issue. I think a result can be different in another browser due to its memory usage police.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko View Post
    it jumps up about 15 MB, then settles down to about 5MB which again is not released when the tab is closed.
    Just to confirm, by "tab", do you mean the browser "tab" or an Ext.NET "tab" within a TabPanel. I'm assuming you mean the Firefox "tab".

Memory management after closing a "tab" in Firefox is controlled by Firefox. Garbage collection is management by the browser in this case.

As well, Firefox is notoriously voracious with memory consumption. I personally need to restart Firefox regularly to free up memory, whether I'm browsing an Ext.NET application or not.

Obviously there might be some memory leak issues, although these would present themselves after some use, and generally not immediately upon initial Page_Load.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    As well, Firefox is notoriously voracious with memory consumption. I personally need to restart Firefox regularly to free up memory, whether I'm browsing an Ext.NET application or not.
    I need as well.