I have a store with a SqlDataSource - everything is working great with local paging and sorting, but i need to plan for larger datasets. All the examples I've seen use ObjectDataSource. Is there any chance anyone has an example of this working with a SqlDataSource? I know I saw a post that said "just use the ObjectDataSource example and switch it to a SqlDataSource".

I wish I knew enough about Ext at this point to do that, but i'm finding it's much easier said than done.

Please see code sample:

<script runat="server">
    protected void Store1_RefershData(object sender, StoreRefreshDataEventArgs e)
    {
        Notification.Show(new NotificationConfig
        {
            Title = "Title",
            Icon = Icon.Information,
            Html = e.Dir.ToString()
        });
        SqlDataSource1.Select(new DataSourceSelectArguments());
        this.Store1.DataBind();
    }
</script>

<ext:Store  DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"  RemotePaging="true" RemoteSort="true" OnRefreshData="Store1_RefershData">
Now keep in mind that everything works great with local paging and sorting. I'm wondering about the details of implementing remotesort and remotepaging.

I assumed that in the OnRefreshData function I would need to take the various parameters from the EventArgs, then apply to the SqlDataSource.SelectCommand or SelectParameters to make a filtered sql query, then call databind to apply...is this correct?

The other thing that is confusing me is that OnRefreshData does not fire when clicking next/prev page - i thought it was supposed to when RemotePage="true"...why doesn't it fire?