Combobox value disapears when selected, only appears when combo box loses focus

Combobox value disapears when selected, only appears when combo box loses focus

Hi,

I have two combo boxes in a grid-> topbar->toolbar. The senario is that selection in combo boxes makes grid updates based on what is selected.The second combo box works fine. but the first combo box has a strange problem. (these combo boxes are non editable) If I click the drop down button, the list appears but the selection in the text area disappears. Now if i choose any item from the drop down list showing, The item won't appear in combo box until the focus is shifted to some other control. below is the code for both combo boxes.

<ext:ComboBox ID="cmbVendorType" runat="server" Editable="false" ForceSelection="true" Selectable="true" StoreID="strVendorType" DisplayField="title" ValueField="id">
                            <DirectEvents>
                                <Select OnEvent="Evt_VendorChange" />
                            </DirectEvents>                                        
                        </ext:ComboBox>

<ext:ComboBox ID="cmbCenter" runat="server"  Editable="false" Selectable="true" ForceSelection="true" StoreID="strCenter" DisplayField="title" ValueField="id">
                            <DirectEvents>
                                <Select OnEvent="Evt_CenterChange" />
                            </DirectEvents>
                        </ext:ComboBox>
    What i dont unerstand that if its some problem in the code then why the 2nd one has no such issue whie the first one behaves in this way. This is happening wherever I have 2 or more combo boxes. The first one always has this problem.
    Please provide simple test sample
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    I wish it would run on its own because it is a part of a bigger application and the page alone means nothing.

I'm attaching the ASPX page and the Code behind of the page so that you can have a look and find out what I may be doing wrong.

Well files are not getting attached. Can I email them to you?vendors.asp.txtvendors.aspx.cs.txtvendors.aspx.designer.cs.txt
    Just sent you attached files. you have to drop the ".txt" extension to make them work.

These are from a Web Application, Framework 3.5 + SP1 and is runnin g on Windows XP Chrome and Vista.

Another thing that I forgot to mention earlier is that this behaviour is not happening in IE. There the combo boxes act correctly
    Try to reproduce the issue on simple sample, we are not able to review big code (and not runable)
    Try to reproduce the issue on simple sample, we are not able to review big code (and not runable)
    I'm trying to create a simple application that reproduces the issue.

However, based on the combobox usage ( as I copied earlier), what you think could be
    causing the problem. as I checked further I found out that the select event does not fire until the combobox loses focus. Once it loses focus it fires the event (<DirectEvents> ) which can be caught at the server.