Does ext.net license grant me the same privileges as buying extJS separately?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does ext.net license grant me the same privileges as buying extJS separately?

In other words, by buying ext.net commercial license, am I fully entitled to commercial level support from extJS?
    Quote Originally Posted by kdev View Post
    In other words, by buying ext.net commercial license, am I fully entitled to commercial level support from extJS?
    No. Ext.NET includes the right to use ExtJS as part of your Ext.NET application, but not separately, nor does it include ExtJS Premium Support directly from Sencha. If required, a Premium Support subscription from Sencha can be purchased separately directly from Sencha.

Hope this helps answer your question(s).
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    That's too bad. Seems like if I need extJS and ext.net I would be paying twice for the extJS and its superset.

Can you find out if there is an opportunity for a discount when buying both? Or buy ext.net without extJS commercial license.
    To be honest doubling the cost for my company per developer means that we have to choose between extJS + manual wrapping and your wrapper which currently doesnt support extJS4 and does not allow using extJS separaterly. I think in that comparison extJS wins for us.
    hmm, I gave your statement a second thought.
    Are you trying to say that I always have to call extJS functions through ext.net layer in my application or I face breaking the license? That would be ridiculous - if I had an application that uses ext.net and makes one javascript call to extJS directly ?
    Hi,

I will try to clarify what Geoffrey said.

Ext.Net includes ExtJS sources and you can use it in the context of Ext.Net (in other words you should use Ext.Net.dll).

So, you can't cut ExtJS sources from Ext.Net to use it separately.

But you can add Ext.Net.dll to your project, add a <ext:ResourceManager> control onto a page and just use raw ExtJS without Ext.Net controls.

test

I wrote to Sencha
    Dear Konrad,

You wrote:

My company is interested in buying several licenses for ext.net (who say that they license extJS from you). However, by buying ext.net (and payign 600$ per license) we would not be entitled to use extJS separately. To be able to do that, would I need to buy extJS separately (that means paying twice for extJS to be honest)? Or is there a discount for people that already have ext.net ?
    I received reply:
    --------------------------------------------
    When you buy Ext.net you do get full Ext JS rights

Best regards,

Ted Driscoll
    Vice President, Worldwide Sales
    Sencha
    800-212-2802 Ext 501
    ted.driscoll@sencha.com
    Would you mind elaborating on this? I'd like to know not only if I can use extJS the way Daniil explained (which is the use I was interested in) but also if I am entitled to full extJS support from Sencha and new releases (that I would be entitled to if I bought extJS separately).
    In according to their answer you can use ExtJS separately from Ext.Net.

Hmm, it goes against:
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    Ext.NET includes the right to use ExtJS as part of your Ext.NET application, but not separately
    I will try to clarify it.

But I can say with sure that Ext.Net license doesn't include ExtJS Premium Support Subscription.

In according to what Geoffrey said it can be bought separately.
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    If required, a Premium Support subscription from Sencha can be purchased separately directly from Sencha.
    I'd be grateful for clarification and will monitor this thread. I'd like to hear an official, lawfully binding statement that includes extJS and ext.net rights when buying ext.net license - including entitlement to support.

I'd rather not have to verify what you guys say with what sencha says and vice versa because it just makes the cooperation between ext.net and extJS look unprofessional and makes me think that ext.net may not be a trustworthy investment.
    Hi,

If I understood correct then you mix license and support

License (neither Ext.Net nor Sencha) doesn't provide any guarantee support from support/developers team, you buy rights to use toolkit in your project without any limitation. Support guarantee if you buy support subscription only

You can buy ExtJS or Ext.Net without any support subscription (Ext JS 4.x 1-pack License $329; Ext.Net Pro License $329;). When you buy Ext.Net license you get ExtJS license also (so, you buy license on two products Ext.Net + ExtJS)

If you want to have guarantee (premium support) then you have to buy support subscription
    ExtJS support (from Sencha) and Ext.Net support are different services from different teams.
    Sencha support subscription doesn't provide Ext.Net support subscription and vice versa Ext.Net support subscription doesn't provide Sencha support subscription

Both support subscriptions (if you need it) must be purchased separately
    You can buy ExtJS or Ext.Net without any support subscription (Ext JS 4.x 1-pack License $329; Ext.Net Pro License $329;). When you buy Ext.Net license you get ExtJS license also (so, you buy license on two products Ext.Net + ExtJS)
    Ok thanks for clarification between pure license option and option with support I understand that ext.net support does not provide extJS support.
    However now I have 3 voices,
    Sencha says ext.net gives full extJS license rights (ie. I can use extJS separately if I purchased ext.net).
    Vladimir sort of confirms Sencha's words (quote)
    Geoffrey and Daniil say something different.

Can you guys confirm which one is the final word? I'd like to know if by getting ext.net I'd have to add dependendency to ext.net to all my projects even if all I want is to use extJS separately or not.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast