After upgrading to 1.1 a lot of things stopped working

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After upgrading to 1.1 a lot of things stopped working

Hi there, congrats for the 1.1 update but I'm having some troubles with it, most of my code stopped working and I believe that it is mainly because a lot of my components are returning null now when using Ext.getCmp(""), most of these are inside tabbed panels or windows that are yet to be shown, it worked just perfect with 1.0, could you please tell me what can I do to accommodate my code to the new version?
    Here's a sample of some of the components that return null, and pretty much 90% of my components return null now:

Throws an error (returns null):
    Ext.getCmp("frmNote").reset();
    The markup has:
    <ext:Window ID="wndNotes" runat="server" AutoHeight="true" Title="Notes" Width="350"        AutoShow="false" IDMode="Static" Resizable="false" Hidden="true" Modal="true">
            <Items>
                <ext:FormPanel ID="frmNote" runat="server" ButtonAlign="Right" Padding="10" LabelWidth="65">>
    Hi,

Please provide test sample
    For me all works as expected
    <%@ Page Language="C#" %>
    <%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" 
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Ext.Net Example</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form runat="server">
            <ext:ResourceManager runat="server" />

<ext:Button runat="server" Text="Case1" OnClientClick="Ext.getCmp('frmNote').reset(); wndNotes.show();" />
            <ext:Button runat="server" Text="Case2" OnClientClick="frmNote.reset(); wndNotes.show();" />

<ext:Window ID="wndNotes" runat="server" 
                AutoHeight="true" 
                Title="Notes" 
                Width="350"        
                AutoShow="false" 
                IDMode="Static" 
                Resizable="false" 
                Hidden="true" 
                Modal="true">
                <Items>
                    <ext:FormPanel ID="frmNote" runat="server" ButtonAlign="Right" Padding="10" LabelWidth="65" />
                </Items>    
            </ext:Window>            
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    I can't event test anything now, it's broken with even though all assemblies are on the BIN folder:

Error	14	Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b9a188c8922137c6' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
    May be you use different version of Newtonsoft, check what PublicKeyToken of your assemly
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    May be you use different version of Newtonsoft, check what PublicKeyToken of your assemly
    after placing v1.1 on that folder the project went crazy, VS is "Blind" now as it can't find the assemblies...

name: Newtonsoft.Json
    version: 3.5.0.0
    token: b9a188c8922137c6
    You have to remove old references first from the project and add refrences on new assemblies
    Replacing files in Bin folder is not enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    You have to remove old references first from the project and add refrences on new assemblies
    Replacing files in Bin folder is not enough
    Hi Vladmir, I deleted the old files from the bin folder and placed the 1.1 files under aspnet_client\Ext.Net, than went to the IDE and referenced the files under aspnet_client but it's still not working, could you please help me?

Error	2	Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b9a188c8922137c6' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
    Vladmir, please explain this to me because it doesn't make any sense now, I can place Netwonsoft.Json on the GAC and the application runs but than my application doesn't worky anymore??? Why is Ext.getCmp("") not working anymore? I know that on a blank project it can work but why does it break an existing project? Please help me out as I am pulling my hair off with 1.1 nor working and 1.0 horrible on IE9.

All Ext.getCmp("") return:
    Uncaught ReferenceError: edtText is not defined
    Ext version from command line:
    version: "3.4.0"
    The error is related to objects that are inside hidden panels, this used to work on 1.0, why is it not finding those components anymore like before?
    Hi,

I need a test sample which reproduces the prolem otherwise i will not able to help you
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast