[CLOSED] RowExpander Plugin for Grid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] RowExpander Plugin for Grid

How would i do this for a grid without using direct events? I can't use direct events since i'm auto loading this grid.

<Plugins>
                    <ext:RowExpander ID="RowExpander" runat="server">
                        <DirectEvents>
                            <BeforeExpand 
                                OnEvent="BeforeExpand"
                                Success="setRaw(response, result, el, type, action, extraParams);"
                                Before="return !record.cached;">
                                <EventMask ShowMask="true" MinDelay="1000" Target="CustomTarget" CustomTarget="={GridPanel1.body}" />
                                <ExtraParams>
                                    <ext:Parameter Name="company" Value="record.data['company']" Mode="Raw" />
                                    <ext:Parameter Name="id" Value="record.id" Mode="Raw" />
                                    <ext:Parameter Name="index" Value="rowIndex" Mode="Raw" />
                                </ExtraParams>
                            </BeforeExpand>
                        </DirectEvents>
                    </ext:RowExpander>
                </Plugins>
    The example was taken from here

https://examples1.ext.net/#/GridPane...r/Remote_Mode/

I'm trying to get remove data but i'm not sure where the OnEvent, Success, and Before attributes are coming from. They do not exist in the BeforeExpand Listener.
    Last edited by Daniil; Jul 14, 2011 at 3:20 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

In the case without DirectEvent you don't need Before, Success, please just use Listener's .Handler or .Fn.
    I did that. I was hoping the extension had more flexibility on the JS side, but it looks like i need to make my own Ext.Ajax.Request call and then handle it from there.

thanks
    Please clarify what exactly you are trying to achieve and why you can't use DirectEvent.
    I was told a long time ago that I couldn't use Direct Events if i'm autloading the panel with the direct events.

Basically, in a nut shell, i'm auto loading a panel in a tab. then inside that panel i'm auto loading a panel which contains a grid. I'd like that grid to use the row expander and get the data for that row on the fly. Then use a template to populate the grid view.

This seems to be much easier to do in Javascript. Unfortunately, I've always had an issue with Ext.net and autoloading javascript. When autoloading panels, javascript functions in the panels never work. It always says the function in undefined. I even set scripts=true when autoloading. Nothing seems to work with that. I've opened a few tickets about it in the past. On a positive note, this forces me to put all my javascript in one file :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by craig2005 View Post
    I was told a long time ago that I couldn't use Direct Events if i'm autloading the panel with the direct events.
    It would be best to provide us with that links where you was told to review.

Unfortunately, I've always had an issue with Ext.net and autoloading javascript. When autoloading panels, javascript functions in the panels never work. It always says the function in undefined. I even set scripts=true when autoloading. Nothing seems to work with that.
    I believe if everything is correctly configured, it should work as expected.

I've opened a few tickets about it in the past.
    Please post the links.
    I was told i couldn't use direct events here. Maybe I left out that I am using MVC and therefore have partial views. This may also be why my javascript isn't being injected into the page.

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...ll=1#post47545

I mention the javascript issue in a few different posts. I didn't feel like searching through all my posts, but here's the first one I found.

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...ll=1#post47907
    I guess you was not a premium member yet when post that threads.

Regarding to that thread
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?11667

The last post is the Vladimir's one with no your further comments.

And, obviously, we didn't work on another thread since there is no answer from us.

Never mind.

This discussion is not so informative to determine and solve the problem.

Please post a simplified example demonstrating the current problem you are facing.
    That's okay, i just got it working with javascript. I've gotten pretty good at just using EXT JS.

I just wish we could get Javascript and Direct Events working in partial views.
    Hi,

You can use direct events are pointed to controller action (it is better choice if you use MVC)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast