Real World development using Ext.Net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Real World development using Ext.Net

Hi,

Our Development team has been working on a proof-of-concept demo for an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) over the last 7 months. We achieved success in developing the POC using Ext.Net on Web Forms Applications, but before buying Ext.Net licenses for going further with the development process we have some questions:

1. In which version of Ext.Js is Ext.net running on?
    2. Ext.Js is already in version 4.0 and it already provides several features like caching, reports, etc that are currently not provided by Ext.Net. Does Ext.Net Development Team plan to provide ALL features available in Ext.Js in a near future? We´re concerned about the time that the features available in Ext.Js will take to be implemented in Ext.Net. Please (if possible) talk about the plans of Ext.Net about tracking Ext.Js features.
    3. There are more than 300 examples for Web Forms Applications, but there are just few examples for MVC Applications. Since we want to develop our product using MVC, is it possible to achieve the same features using MVC instead using Web Forms?
    Hi,

1. Ext.Net 1.0 uses ExtJS 3.3.0
    Ext.Net 1.1 (not released yet) will use ExtJS 3.4.0
    Ext.Net 2.0 will be based on ExtJS 4.x

Ext.Js is already in version 4.0 and it already provides several features like caching, reports
    I did not see caching and reports in the ExtJS 4.0
    Can you provide links on those features?
    We are working on Ext.Net 2.0 and all features of ExtJS 4.x will be added

3. Yes, all features of Ext.Net can be used in MVC application
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Jul 04, 2011 at 8:27 PM.
    hi Vladmir, first of all i´d like to thank you for your prompt response.

Sorry, but I made a mistake, i was wanting to say "Charting" instead of "Reports". Do you have plans to implement this feature?

Do you have a deadline for Ext.Net 2.0 delivery?
    ...i was wanting to say "Charting" instead of "Reports". Do you have plans to implement this feature?
    Yes, the Charting Components will be included with Ext.NET 2.0.

Do you have a deadline for Ext.Net 2.0 delivery?
    At the moment we do not have a public release date for Ext.NET 2.0, although we are hoping to provide a "Preview" build to all Premium Members sometime soon.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    i´d like to thank both of you
    Hello,

What's the impact of using these technologies (Asp.net web forms and Asp.Net MVC) with Ext.net ?
    wadhah, please explain better your doubts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsaldanhabr View Post
    wadhah, please explain better your doubts
    I'll start a project ASP.NET with Ext.Net Framework so I want to now if I use Ext.Net with Asp.Net Web Forms or Ext.Net with Asp.Net MVC, what's the advantages if I use Ext.Net with Asp.Net Web Forms and the advantages if I use Ext.Net with Asp.Net MVC ?
    thx
    There is no difference in ext.net, you have the same controls and features. You´ll just find difference between web forms and mvc
    Quote Originally Posted by rsaldanhabr View Post
    There is no difference in ext.net, you have the same controls and features. You´ll just find difference between web forms and mvc
    Ok thx ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast