Is Ext.Net only usable with ASP.ET and ASP.NET MVC?

Is Ext.Net only usable with ASP.ET and ASP.NET MVC?

Hello,

I am very interested in the project as a .NET fan but I haven't been able to find a clear answer to this.

I'd like to use Ext.NEt to build the UI of a web application but without using ASP.NET or ASP.NET MVC templates. I'm going to use "Manos de mono" as the server, whichat the moment doesn't have a template engine.

Is this possible? Is there a way to code a UI with Ext.Net that doesn't depend on ASP.NET or ASP.NET MVC?

Thanks a lot for helping!
    Hi,

Well, I am not familar with "Manos de mono". I know that Ext.Net works fine under Mono
    I think that it is better if you can check Ext.Net under "Manos de mono" and let us know about the result, i guess such expirience will be interested many members
    The thing is that Manos de mono does not currently have a stablished template engine... so the question really is, can ext.net work without any of the asp.net and asp.net mvc template engines?
    Or in other words... can it create the code for the page by itself/doesn't have any dependency with any template engine?

I ask this before hand to see if there's just a possibility of it working or if it's plain impossible without asp.net/asp.net mvc.

Thanks!
    Hi,

You can easly create controls in the code behind without any markup
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Hi,

You can easly create controls in the code behind without any markup
    Oh, ok, many many thanks.

I'll start digging into that then ;). Cheers!