Ext.net future safe?

Ext.net future safe?

Hey!

I just had a discussion with a friend about ext.net outlook for the future =)

To determine how much you dare to invest in any system, ext.net included, you want to asses what the probability is for the project to exist in 5-10 years. When it comes to ext.net I have basically no idea on the size of the company, the number of employees and the outlook of the future for ext.net (and thus also ExtJS).

Can someone with insight into ext.net tell me a bit about the company? How many are you working full time for the company and is it a safe bet to invest time and money to move over to ext.net completely?

Thanks!
    Hi wagger,

Ext.NET is currently small team, with plans to grow soon.

There are long term plans for Ext.NET and more products/projects will be released over time.

Ext.NET includes ExtJS, which is released and supported by Sencha.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    wagger the greatest danger facing any software project is that it fails to complete (time or budget). I recommend you identify the best tools for you and your project available today, then crack on and focus on delivering a single project. Strategy is often the dark force that undermines a project from day one.

Team size is no guarantee of software platform success. Some of us waited years for Microsoft to deliver an ORM, first it was object spaces but that was canned, then LINQtoSQL appeared from nowhere only to be suspended within 18 months, then we had to wait another 2 years for the full capability of LINQtoSQL to be re-implemented within the EF. Now pity the WPF/Silverlight community.

The above are just the MS examples I am familiar with, no doubt Java people can provide similar stories of the fickle strategy of large software companies. Where is J2EE today?
    Take a look at the number of user/developers and the community not the company
    If an opensource project is supported by the community it will continue to exists for decades one way or the other

rgds