[CLOSED] Window AutoWidth behavior

[CLOSED] Window AutoWidth behavior

I'm creating a Window and I want it to size itself to fit the contents.

I can get the window.AuthHeight to work so the height automatically fits the contents, but if I set window.AutoWidth things go crazy (The window content is missing, and the Window width looks like its 100%, but is skewed to the left off the screen).

I can provide an example if needed.

RE: [CLOSED] Window AutoWidth behavior

Hi Randy,

I wanted to note that autoWidth=true isn't providing a width, it's
    instead saying "no width is ok". In the cases where "no width" is not
    ok, it will also fail.

So, AutoWidth depends from content and it doesn't set any width. The width controlling by content

Yes, thats my understanding. I'm expecting that with AutoWidth=true the width will be automatically calculated to fit the conent, just like the way the AutoHeight works.

But that is not what is happening. When I set AutoWidth=true, the content dissapears! And the width and X/Y position of the window is wacky.

I am using a TableLayout inside the Window if that makes any difference. It all works fine with AutoHeight, but as soon as I try to do AutoWidth on the Window it goes crazy.

If you need an example, I would be happy to put one together.

Hi Randy,

The AutoWidth property just set css style 'width:auto' for panel/window. So any div inside panel/window (in panel there are many inner divs) will move apart the panel/window.

Plus the window can't render shadow correctly if use AutoWidth/AutoHeight.

So, using AutoWidth/AutoHeight for Window is not good idea (these properties inherited from panel and don't work good with window). It is better use fixed size

Vladimir,

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

You answer is a pretty fuzzy. Is this supported or not? And AutoHeight seems to work fine, so why doesn't AutoWidth?

Have you tried to duplicate this and seen the behavior I'm talking about? Again, I would be happy to provide an example.

On of the main reasons I chose ExtJs/Coolite was its ability to flow and auto size things, so it seems like this should be a supported feature.

Hi Randy,

Just want to note: the AutoHeight and AutoWidth doesn't perform any calculating/setting a size for control. So, no guarantee that it will be work.

Plus I found that AutoWidth is hided for Window in ExtJS code. So, Window doesn't support this property. I think we will hide AutoWidth for Window

Yea, I saw a similar issue posted on the ExtJs site, and a similar response from them that fixed width should be used.

Guess I'll take it up with them.

You can mark this closed, thanks.