[CLOSED] Problems after SVN update - the dreaded "undefined" error has come back to haunt me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] Problems after SVN update - the dreaded "undefined" error has come back to haunt me

I just updated from SVN to get som bug fixes. Unfortunately, the update screwed up my site since I once again encountered the "undefined" error.

using the old DLLs it works fine, but with the new ones I get problems:

The exact same code, that works with the old DLLs, now yields:

Uncaught TypeError: Object 2 has no method 'init'
    and

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'store' of undefined
    Ext.grid.RowSelectionModel.Ext.extend.clearSelectionsext.axd:11
    (anonymous function):1
    I will try to post some runnable code, but I dont have time to do that rioght now =(
    Last edited by Daniil; Apr 15, 2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

I guess a sample is not required in this case.

Do you use Load listener of Store?

Previously, there is was Delay="10" by default. We have removed this to let a developer a whole freedom.

So, to get things back, please add Delay="10" for all Load listeners of Store.
    <Load Handler="..." Delay="10" />
    Apologize for the inconvenience.
    We are reviewing this change.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Do you use Load listener of Store?
    No, I do not. I load the store from code-behind, usually through a DirectMethod.

Previously, there is was Delay="10" by default. We have removed this to let a developer a whole freedom.
    So, to get things back, please add Delay="10" for all Load listeners of Store.
    <Load Handler="..." Delay="10" />
    So in this new version I must add a Listener to each and every Store I have as described above? Its mandatory?
    What if I never used a Load handler before? I always populate on Page_Load or in a DirectMethod/DirectEvent...
    Quote Originally Posted by wagger View Post
    No, I do not. I load the store from code-behind, usually through a DirectMethod.
    So in this new version I must add a Listener to each and every Store I have as described above? Its mandatory?
    What if I never used a Load handler before? I always populate on Page_Load or in a DirectMethod/DirectEvent...
    Perhaps, I was wrong in my guess.

Does IE + VS let debug the error? If yes, could you debug and provide a piece of code that causes the error?

If no, are you able to provide a sample to reproduce?
    Im using Chrome and that is where I get the error right now.

But the error message doesnt give me much to go on. I will try to test it by building a Page from scratch and see where I run into problems. When I will post it here again. But I wont be able to do that until next week, have a deadline Im working on...
    So, are not you able to test the page under FireFox or IE? It can give more info.
    But I wont be able to do that until next week, have a deadline Im working on...
    We will try to guess what can cause the issue, but not sure we can do it without a sample to reproduce.

Could you post at least the code that you assume can cause the error? Maybe, page markup + code behind can help us to determine what can be wrong.
    Hey,
    I can test in FF and IE also of course.

Thing is that I reverted back to the old DLLs so that it could back to functioning again. I needed to do that so I could move on with work. That also means that I cannot test it right now, since I dont have the new DLLs "loaded".

Sorry for that, I will try as soon as I can!
    Ok, I understand.

But the following thing is still actual.

Could you post at least the code that you assume can cause the error? Maybe, page markup + code behind can help us to determine what can be wrong.
    I could test with the newest dlls myself.
    Daniil,
    I will email to support@object.net so I can send whatever I have now without clearing it of stuff.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast