[CLOSED] Problems once again with referencing Controls : GridPanel "undefined"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    By default <Component> (in this case - GridPanel) is not rendered until DropDownField is expanded.

Please set LazyInit="false" for DropDownField to force <Component> rendering.
    Last edited by Daniil; Apr 12, 2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Hey,
    and thanks.

The very strange thing is that it worked for a while without using LazyInit="false".

And to just make a small point =)

I have in previous posts made a point that it is very hard, almost impossible a lot of times, to understand and know how layout works. This case is a good example of that. There is no way I would know that LazyInit="false" is required (especially since it worked without it for a while). That kind of info would be nice to have summarize somewhere. Like a tutorial for understanding the different controls and how to use them (as I asked in another post).

Problem is I spent many hours yesterday trying to figure it out, but it seemed like magic to me. I restarted Visual Studio, restarted the computer because I could not see why on earth it was messing with me.

Its working now though. Thx!
    The very strange thing is that it worked for a while without using LazyInit="false".
    Well, it can work in one case only - DropDownField was expander before accessing GridPanel.

About the documentation and tutorials. No one of these things can describe all problems that developer can have with Ext.Net and ExtJS.

As Vladimir mentioned please investigate ExtJS docs.

For example,
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/doc...ember=lazyInit (DropDownField is a subclass of ComboBox)

So, if a widget is not rendered, it can not be access, isn't that so?

Also, ExtJS tutorials can be useful for you.
    http://www.sencha.com/learn/Tutorials

Personally, the forums can be more useful than any docs and tutorials.
    I did go to sencha and searched for DropDown - no hits.

And I agree, the forum is very good and you are doing a really really great job with the support! My point is just that I need to ask for all kinds of things that is impossible to know or understand without asking here first. Thus, the "learning curve" is high as it takes time to get the answers you need even though you are fast at answering. But the development process is a bit stalled when I run into problems like this thread for example.

Anyways, great job on the forum and support =)
    Quote Originally Posted by wagger View Post
    I did go to sencha and searched for DropDown - no hits.
    Yes, this class is defined in Ext.Net.

And I agree, the forum is very good and you are doing a really really great job with the support! My point is just that I need to ask for all kinds of things that is impossible to know or understand without asking here first. Thus, the "learning curve" is high as it takes time to get the answers you need even though you are fast at answering. But the development process is a bit stalled when I run into problems like this thread for example.
    Sure, I agreed with you, good Ext.Net docs would be a great thing. Unfortunately, it's still under construction.

But I'm ready to bet that you got the solution much faster asking it on the forums, than you'd try to find it in docs.

I'm pretty sure there would not be a phrase like "You can't access a widget which is defined in <Component> until it's not rendered. To force rendering please set LazyInit='true' " in docs.

I mean that your question is rather specific.

But, repeat myself, I agree that we need docs.

Anyways, great job on the forum and support =)
    Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12