[CLOSED] Event Mask is not showing until complete process

[CLOSED] Event Mask is not showing until complete process

Hi

Why event mask is not showing up until complete the process. I have used event mask as showing below code. I have checked with both ways like adding MinDelay="2000" and remove this MinDelay="2000". In first case it is showing the mask up to 2 secs, but in second case it is showing the mask for fraction of sec only. How to make the event mask show completely until the event complete?

<ext:Button ID="btnTitle" runat="server" Text="Save and Continue" Icon="Disk">
                                                            <DirectEvents>
                                                                <Click OnEvent="SaveTitleInfo">
                                                                    <EventMask ShowMask="true" Msg="Saving..." MinDelay="2000"/>
                                                                </Click>
                                                            </DirectEvents>
                                                        </ext:Button>
    Last edited by Daniil; Apr 15, 2011 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Marked as [CLOSED]. No more information was provided.
    Hi,

The mask disappears when a control gets a response from DirectEvent handler only. It means that EventMask suites your needs by default.

If a mask disappears, an event is completed. If a mask is showed during sec only, it means that an ajax request is executed so fast.
    ya, I agree with @Daniil on this one. The event request/response is happening very quickly, so the mask only appears for a fraction of a second.

Maybe just set the MinDelay to a smaller value, say "500". A two second delay is too long, but a 1/2 second delay (or less) will get your users time to read the mask message.

Example

MinDelay="500"
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Event Mask is not showing until complete process

Hi Daniil,

While loading the form I am creating controls dynamically and the event "SaveTitleInfo" will save all values in dynamically created controls and then reload those controls based on saved information. So I need to show the event mask until process these steps save and reload. I have added event mask without MinDelay. The Event Mask is showing for sec and after few sec the page showing with modified controls. The SaveTitleInfo Event having following code

Public Sub SaveTitleInfo(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DirectEventArgs)
            Call SaveTitle_Information()
            Call LoadSectionTIControls()
    End Sub

Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Hi,

The mask disappears when a control gets a response from DirectEvent handler only. It means that EventMask suites your needs by default.

If a mask disappears, an event is completed. If a mask is showed during sec only, it means that an ajax request is executed so fast.
    I guess another request occurs or/and rendering modified controls takes this seconds off.

Be sure, that the mask doesn't disappear until DirectEvent is executed.

Please post a simplified .aspx page to reproduce.