[CLOSED] Button CLICK directevent & listener timeout

[CLOSED] Button CLICK directevent & listener timeout

Hi,

i have button with click directevent & listener. the listener implement some logic that requires action from user [which mean varying time: can't be handled by delay=??] but the directevent fire automatically after sometime even the user didn't made action to the listener!!! so how to pause the directevent from fire untill the sweet listener finish his work??

if this is case not true then give me example.

thanks,
    Last edited by Daniil; Apr 09, 2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Marked as [CLOSED]. No more information was provided.
    Hi,

I guess that waiting the action from user doesn't stop JavaScript executing and DirectEvent is fired as expected.

What user's action do you need to wait in listener?

Maybe the confirmation functionality is appropriate in your case. Try to press the second button here:
    https://examples1.ext.net/#/Events/D...ents/Overview/

If it's not an option, please use DirectMethod instead of DirectEvent and call or not this method whne a user will do required actions.
    that's not solving my problem! in the listener i show the user small dialog to choose an option from a list then i pass the chosen option to the directevent params! but it fires after sometime maybe 30 seconds i guess even if the user didn't select any option. i know that i can make other hidden button but i am just wondering if i can do that without extra button.

example of button listener use-case:
    a button called data-sync which can sync from different locations, i want to give the user ability to choose location before firing the direct-event! i hope its clear now!
    and NO, i don't wanna use the button with menu in this one.
    Well, it's pretty hard to piece together your scenario based only upon your description. Why don't you post a simplified code sample demonstrating how you currently have things configured. Please spend a few minutes simplifying the sample by removing any code which is not directly relavant to the problem.

There is no way to "pause" a DirectEvent. If you want to fire a DirectEvent, and then wait for some user input, you will need rethink how you chain these events together. As Daniil mentioned above, maybe firing a Listener to open the dialog box, then calling a [DirectMethod] after the user has input their value.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder