[CLOSED] Migrating to Coolite 1.0

[CLOSED] Migrating to Coolite 1.0

Hi

We are officially migrating our application from Coolite 0.83 to 1.0. I have already migrated for personal test and still lingering with javascript and some compatibility with browsers issues.
    So before starting officially I want to review all the changes in terms of technical changes, version upgrade, compatibility with browsers. If you have any sort of documentation that will be very helpful. At this moment I have the Version 1.0 changelog which includes the list of general Code changes.

Thanks
    Last edited by Daniil; Apr 01, 2011 at 9:10 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

We have no other documents except ChangeLog. All browsers which supported in 0.8.x version are supported in 1.0 version also
    Please note that 1.0 uses ExtJS 3.3.0 therefore if your application uses ExtJS user extensions (are not included to Ext.Net) then can be issues because 0.8.x version uses ExtJS 2.2/2.3
    Thanks for the reply
    We do not use ExtJS
    If you do not have any documentation I guess it will be good to ask questions in forum.
    1)What is the main purpose of enhancing version to 1.0 ? What are the advantages for using it ?
    2) How soon will you publish next version ?
    3) what is the performance of 1.0 vs .8 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Hi,

We have no other documents except ChangeLog. All browsers which supported in 0.8.x version are supported in 1.0 version also
    Please note that 1.0 uses ExtJS 3.3.0 therefore if your application uses ExtJS user extensions (are not included to Ext.Net) then can be issues because 0.8.x version uses ExtJS 2.2/2.3
    Hi,

1)What is the main purpose of enhancing version to 1.0 ? What are the advantages for using it ?
    Many new controls and enhancements, bunch of bugs are fixed. Also, development for 0.8.x version is stopped and this version will not be improved anymore (for example, IE9 support will not be included to that version)

2) How soon will you publish next version ?
    I have no time frame about next versions but at any time you can get latest code from SVN. 1.0 is stable now, we fix bugs only for that version. I hope that 1.0 final version will be released soon

3) what is the performance of 1.0 vs .8 ?
    Server side performance is much better in 1.0 because we excluded reflection as much as possible
    I am not ready to compare client side performance but I guess that performance is comparable
    Thank you very much...

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Hi,

Many new controls and enhancements, bunch of bugs are fixed. Also, development for 0.8.x version is stopped and this version will not be improved anymore (for example, IE9 support will not be included to that version)

I have no time frame about next versions but at any time you can get latest code from SVN. 1.0 is stable now, we fix bugs only for that version. I hope that 1.0 final version will be released soon

Server side performance is much better in 1.0 because we excluded reflection as much as possible
    I am not ready to compare client side performance but I guess that performance is comparable