[CLOSED] Design problem - how do I get "strech"/fill behaviour in Forms? and more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, I am just getting started with ext.net. So far I am loving it, so dont get me wrong =)

Thanks for the example. I am however a bit confused after playing around with you example.

So the ViewPort is 100% of the available space, and in that you place a FormPanel and set it to 300x300.
    The area I see is not 300x300 but whatever size the browser is. The pixel settings is irrelevant in this case?

The TextArea has Anchor="100% -55".
    - Removing the 100% stops it from expanding downwards and gives a space of 55 pixels to the right. Seems logical.
    - But when I leave it as you set it, Anchor="100% -55", then the spacing to the right is not here.
    - If I remove "-55", and leave "100%", then I get the TextArea NOT expanding downwards.

This is what I find strange.
    - When having Anchor="100% -55" it expands downwards and no margin on the right. Why no margin of 55?
    - When having Anchor="100%" it does not expand downwards. Why doesnt it expand downwards? Isnt that the "100%"?
    Quote Originally Posted by wagger View Post
    Thanks for the example. I am however a bit confused after playing around with you example.

So the ViewPort is 100% of the available space, and in that you place a FormPanel and set it to 300x300.
    The area I see is not 300x300 but whatever size the browser is. The pixel settings is irrelevant in this case?
    Oh, sure, I removed .Width and .Height, it didn't make sense. Apologize for the inconvenience.
    Hey, no worries =)

It is interesting though to explore such maneuvers to see how it reacts =)

Do you have any comments on the rest of my queries? =)

Thanks again for your patience =)
    Quote Originally Posted by wagger View Post
    The TextArea has Anchor="100% -55".
    - Removing the 100% stops it from expanding downwards and gives a space of 55 pixels to the right. Seems logical.
    - But when I leave it as you set it, Anchor="100% -55", then the spacing to the right is not here.
    - If I remove "-55", and leave "100%", then I get the TextArea NOT expanding downwards.

This is what I find strange.
    - When having Anchor="100% -55" it expands downwards and no margin on the right. Why no margin of 55?
    - When having Anchor="100%" it does not expand downwards. Why doesnt it expand downwards? Isnt that the "100%"?
    Lets consider
    Anchor="100% -55"
    100% - it's the vertical anchor
    -55 - it's the horizontal anchor

Please try
    Anchor="-55 -55"
    and, I'm sure, you will understand.

Also, please see
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/doc...emember=anchor
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12