Ipad

Ipad

Hi. I noticed some minor display issues when viewing our coolite made website in Ipad. The buttons borders for example, and some other components look a little strange. See items into red squares in the picture below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AtendimentoIpad.png 
Views:	416 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	2485

Also i couldn't scroll the content of any window / panel. All the window gets scrolled. Have you got any solution for this?
    Hi,

Unfortunately, we have no Ipad to reproduce the problem.

What browser do you test the page under? I guess Safari:) What's the version?

I hope that we can reproduce it under Windows...

And, sure, please post a sample to reproduce.
    Sorry, it is Safari, but the version used in Ipad is different, you would have to test under ipad.
    Hi,

Here is the note about mobile browsers from Sencha team
    while we put enormous energy into making Ext JS work across desktop browsers but mobile browsers are so different that we have an entirely different product for dealing with them (Sencha Touch). We make no guarantee that Ext JS will run well on mobile devices and refer people to ST instead (which is free)
    I ran a few tests on an iPad and confirm there are some minor rendering issues, mostly single pixel shifting.

None of the rendering issues appear to affect the functionality of the pages. Everything still appears to work correctly.

Maybe over time some of these rendering issues will get adjusted in ExtJS and Apple may improve the rendering of the iPad Safari browser. None of these issues seem to happen in the regular Safari 5.x browser.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    I ran a few tests on an iPad and confirm there are some minor rendering issues, mostly single pixel shifting.

None of the rendering issues appear to affect the functionality of the pages. Everything still appears to work correctly.

Maybe over time some of these rendering issues will get adjusted in ExtJS and Apple may improve the rendering of the iPad Safari browser. None of these issues seem to happen in the regular Safari 5.x browser.
    Well this leads to a perfect question...When will Ext.net have a mobile framework like Sencha Touch?:-) Just a round about time frame would be nice. I am sure you guys are well aware that this is the future for computing.

There are several other issues I have noticed with my application in an Ipad. If you have a lot of data in your filters...scroll doesn't appear to allow you to view all data. Several of my pages are not scrolling correctly. Not sure why, but file upload does not even load the controls. I plan to check my app using a Zoom whenever I get my hands on one.

We are building another app using EXTJS and we have the same issues...However we will be able to build an app for iphone / ipad, droid, blackberry using Sencha Touch.

Oh yeah...Thanks for all your hard efforts...I am sure you guys don't hear it enough, but your controls are a game changer when it comes to developing awesome web applications.
    The feature ticket has been created.
    https://extnet.lighthouseapp.com/pro...558/tickets/85
    Last edited by Daniil; May 27, 2011 at 1:10 PM.