More issues with AutoLoad Merge

More issues with AutoLoad Merge

I'm making some progress with the AutoLoad Merge, but am still having problems so I created an example. Before uploading the example I noticed that you released 0.7 (congratulations :), so I upgraded to the latest and am still getting an error, although a different one.

In my example, I am using AutoLoad Merge to put a Toolbar in the NorthPanel of a ViewPort. The Toolbar contains a ComboBox as a field selector, when the field selector changes the NorthPanel AutoLoad is called with the selected field as an argument. The value selected determines the other controls on the Toolbar (one field gets a TextField, to enter a search value, another field gets a ComboBox to select a search value)

Before upgrading to 0.7 I was seeing a problem after changing the Field Selector and reloading the child:
    a) The dropdown list on the field selector stayed visable after the selection was made and seemed stuck in this state.
    b) Clicking on the ComboBox (of either the field selector or value selector) would have a JS error setting the height of something to a '-1px'.

After upgrading to 0.7, I first got a JS error message that it looked like you intentionally put it (something about the AlignToXY element being null). But now I'm just getting the error regarding a '-1px' height.

Clearly there is something I don't understand about how this is supposed to work. I need a real world, reasonable complex, example of how to use the new AutoLoad Merge feature.

RE: More issues with AutoLoad Merge

I fixed the issue in my example that showed up with 0.7 by adding the ScriptContainer to the child. (Why is this needed?)

But the original issues remain. On the initial AutoLoad, all seems fine. But on subsequent re-loads the ComboBoxes start misbehaving. Sometimes the drop down list freezes in place, sometimes I get the '-1px' JS error.

This could be related to they way I am invoking the AutoLoad in JS.

RE: More issues with AutoLoad Merge

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the samples. I've reproduced the problem and looking into a solution. The ComboBox is having a problem finding its XY anchor point.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder