[CLOSED] Feature request for MVC PartialViewResult: optional transparent background

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] Feature request for MVC PartialViewResult: optional transparent background

I would like to have a property on Ext.NET MVC PartialViewResult that renders the wrapper panel with transparent body style or perhaps a custom body style if you think that is a more appropriate solution.

This allows me to load partial views that do not have the currently fixed white background but use the background of the container instead.

Could any of you Ext.NET guys be so kind to add this feature? Alternatively, I could send a patch if you like.

Thanks,
    Sandor
    Last edited by Daniil; Mar 21, 2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

For me, your suggestion is good.

Could you provide us with the patch?
    Ok, here's the patch. I've added a WrapperBodyStyle property, which allows customization of the BodyStyle of the wrapper panel. I also added the SetTransparentWrapper method, which sets the WrapperBodyStyle to transparent, for conveniency.

I hope this design is ok with you. I decided not to add a boolean property just to configure the wrapper to be transparent because the way I did solve this provides more flexibility.
    Attached Files
    Thanks for the patch, it looks good.

I'm thinking about maybe it would be best to add something like:
    public Ext.Net.Panel.Config WrapperPanelConfig
    to let a possibility to set all properties for interim panel.

I will discuss that with Dev team.
    Cool, that sounds even better! Keep me posted.
    I have considered that request with Dev team.

Well, I missed the fact that you could wrap all items in PartialView in <ext:Panel> manually and set
    pr.SingleControl = true;
    There is no interim Panel in this case, and you could configure your own Panel as you wish.
    Hi Daniil,

Yeah I know, I did that at first but I wanted to get rid of the effort and repetition. The cleaner the layouts, the better.

Are you saying that the Dev team has denied the request?
    Hi,

No, we did not deny the request. It is just workaround until we will add config object for interim panel
    Phew! I'll just stick with my patch until the next release. I've centralized the creation of ExtPartialViews in my application so that I can easily change it to use the new wrapper panel config.
    Hi,

We have added PanelConfig property to PartialViewResult class
    Please note that if you use PanelConfig property then Border=false and Header=false will not be aplied automatically, you have to set it manually via PanelConfig
    result.PanelConfig.Border = false;
    result.PanelConfig.Header = false;
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast