Field indicator not showing?

Field indicator not showing?

Hi,

I wanted to use a field indicator with tooltip to show some additional info for an entry field (textfield), but the indicator never showed up. So I copied the source code from the "overview" example an put it in my page, but with the same result. Are there any known issues? Or am I maybe missing something simple? This is the code I'm using:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="extCreateMove.aspx.cs"
        Inherits="TralosyV2.Web.extCreateMove" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
        <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <ext:ResourceManager runat="server">
        </ext:ResourceManager>
        <ext:FormPanel ID="FormPanel1" runat="server" Width="700" Title="Example" Padding="6">
            <Items>
                <ext:TextField ID="Field1" runat="server" FieldLabel="Field1" IndicatorIcon="Information"
                    Anchor="-20" IndicatorTip="A Indicator ToolTip" />
                <ext:TextField ID="Field2" runat="server" FieldLabel="Field2" IndicatorIcon="Add"
                    IndicatorText="Indicator" Anchor="-70" AllowBlank="false" MsgTarget="Side" />
                <ext:TextField ID="Field3" runat="server" FieldLabel="Field3" IndicatorText="*" IndicatorCls="red-text" />
                <ext:TextField ID="Field4" runat="server" AllowBlank="false" FieldLabel="Field4"
                    IndicatorIcon="BulletRed" IndicatorTip="It is required field" />
            </Items>
        </ext:FormPanel>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    So obviously, there's nothing special inside.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Just noticed that Visual Studio Intellisense doesn't seem to know the IndicatorIcon or IndicatorTip properties (I'm on 1.0 RC version if that does matter, but afaik this feature has been added several versions ago, so this shouldn't be the problem).
    Hi,

If you set an icon for a button Do you see the icon? Did you register Ext.Net handler in the web.config?

Just noticed that Visual Studio Intellisense doesn't seem to know the IndicatorIcon or IndicatorTip properties
    If you use those properties in code behind then are there any comipler errors?
    Hi Vladimir,

thanks for your answer.

If you set an icon for a button Do you see the icon? Did you register Ext.Net handler in the web.config?
    Yes, and yes ;-) This is part of a rather complex site and everything else is working well.

If you use those properties in code behind then are there any comipler errors?
    Yes, there are indeed compiler errors when setting these properties from the code behind. Sounds like you have an idea about what might cause this?
    Hi,

It is mean that your version has no Indicator functionbality. I recommend to download latest public release

Closing Window from inside button

Damn it, you were right!

I don't know how this happended, but it seems the version I was using was NOT the latest one. Downloaded fresh from your website and all is working well!

Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by wexman; Mar 03, 2011 at 1:31 PM.