[CLOSED] ColumnLayout - not setting width before content

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by craig2005 View Post
    Did i miss anything?
    Not sure that I understand this question. Please clarify what you mean.
    Just talking about in my summary at the end. Sort of a lesson learned for me and others who may have taken the time to read this enormous thread. I've seen lots of people having issues with dynamic heights.
    Ah, I understand now.

I would be too big book if someone would try to write something like "Layouting and possible issues" :)
    Not that this helps right now, but the v2 release of Ext.NET (ExtJS 4) will include a complete re-work of the Layout engine. Things should improve and there will be plenty of cool new features.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    I'm excited for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Yes. TabPanel is wrapped in Panel with no height, then this Panel is wrapped in <div> (master page) with no height.

Well, I think it's possible to adjust height in according to, for example, with loaded GridPanel's content. Do you need this?
    Sorry to keep rehashing this but i'm stuck again at this point. I'm showing a panel inside a tab that is greater than the tab height. Can't the tab just be dynamic. As the content inside it grow, the tab height grows as well and you don't need to set a height on the tab.

I mean i'm sure i could go and get the heights of all the panels and then update the tabPanel height, but is there a cleaner way to do this?
    The following example demonstrates a TabPanel with AutoHeight="true" inner Panels.

https://examples1.ext.net/#/TabPanel/Basic/Auto_Height/

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    That doesn't work for dynamic data. I've yet to see an example where it works for dynamic data.
    Hi,

What you assumes on dynamic data?
    Can you provide the sample which demonstrates the issue?
    There's nothing else i can include here. If you go back and look at the examples the Ext.net support has posted, you can see that there is a height being set for the tab. See if you can get it to work without setting the height.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast