[CLOSED] ColumnLayout - not setting width before content

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

[CLOSED] ColumnLayout - not setting width before content

I've got two problems below. The column layout doesn't set the width before the content is loaded. So what happens is the accordions in the right column get loaded on the left side and then eventually get moved over to the right side once the AutoLoad in the left column is loaded. This just makes the page jumpy and confusing. I want the position and width to be static for the two columns without any shifting on the page. I also can't get a loading mask to show while all this shifting and loading is going on.

Also, the "homeTabLayoutWrapper" panel needs a height to it or it won't show the columnLayout. This is really annoying because i don't want to set a static height. Sometimes the accordions can run off the page or the message board is too long. AutoHeight doesn't work either.

I had switched from borderLayout to columnLayout to try and fix these height issues, but that didn't' work either.

So basically, i need the columns to load with a set width and i need the wrapper panel to be smarter about height.

<ext:Panel ID="homeTabLayoutWrapper" runat="server" Border="false" Layout="fit" >
        <Items>
        <ext:ColumnLayout ID="clnLayoutHomeTab" runat="server" Split="true" FitHeight="true">
            <Columns>
                <ext:LayoutColumn ColumnWidth=".55">
                    <ext:Panel ID="plnHomeTabMessageBoards" AutoHeight="true" runat="server" Width="500" Border="false">
                        <AutoLoad Url="/Group/HomeTab_MessageBoards" NoCache="true" ShowMask="true" >
                            <Params>
                                <ext:Parameter Name="containerId" Value="function () { return #{plnHomeTabMessageBoards}.body.id; }" Mode="Raw" />
                            </Params>
                        </AutoLoad>
                    </ext:Panel>
                </ext:LayoutColumn>
                <ext:LayoutColumn ColumnWidth=".45">
                    <ext:Panel ID="Panel3" runat="server" Width="400" AutoHeight="true" Layout="fit"  Border="false">
                        <Items>
                         <ext:Panel ID="accEventsWrapper" runat="server" AutoHeight="true" Header="false" Border="false">
                                <Items>
                                    <ext:AccordionLayout ID="accEvents" runat="server" Animate="true">
                                        <Items>
                                            <ext:Panel ID="accEventsPanel" runat="server" Border="false" AutoHeight="true" Layout="fit" Title="Events"  Collapsed="false" Padding="10" />
                                        </Items>
                                    </ext:AccordionLayout>
                                </Items>
                            <ext:Panel ID="accPhotosWrapper" runat="server" AutoHeight="true" Header="false" Border="false">
                                <Items>
                                    <ext:AccordionLayout ID="accPhotos" runat="server" Animate="true">
                                        <Items>
                                            <ext:Panel ID="accPhotosPanel" runat="server" Border="false" AutoHeight="true" Layout="fit" Title="Photos"  Collapsed="false" Padding="10" />
                                        </Items>
                                </Items>
                            <ext:Panel ID="accRolesWrapper" runat="server" AutoHeight="true" Header="false" Border="false">
                                <Items>
                                    <ext:AccordionLayout ID="accRoles" runat="server" Animate="true">
                                        <Items>
                                            <ext:Panel ID="accRolesPanel" runat="server" Border="false" AutoHeight="true" Layout="fit" Title="My Roles"  Collapsed="true" Padding="10">
                                                  <AutoLoad Url="/Group/HomeTab_MyRoles" NoCache="true" ShowMask="true" Scripts="true">
                                                    <Params>
                                                        <ext:Parameter Name="containerId" Value="function () { return #{accRolesPanel}.body.id; }" Mode="Raw" />
                                                    </Params>
                                                 </AutoLoad>
                                        </Items>
                                </Items>
                        </Items>
            </Columns>
        </ext:ColumnLayout>
    </Items>
    Also the above code is being loaded into a tab. Actually, i'd like the tab panels to be the smartest with the height. The MinHeight does nothing.

<ext:Panel ID="GroupPageWrapper" runat="server" Width="900" Border="false">
                <Items>
                    <ext:TabPanel Plain="true" ID="tpGroupTabs" runat="server" ActiveTabIndex="0" Padding="20" TabWidth="200" Border="false" MinHeight="400">
                        <Items>
                             <ext:Panel ID="homeTab" runat="server"  Title="Home" Layout="fit" AutoHeight="true" MinHeight="400">
                                    <AutoLoad Url="/Group/HomeTab" NoCache="true" ShowMask="true" MaskMsg="Loading home content...">
                                        <Params>
                                            <ext:Parameter Name="containerId" Value="function () { return #{homeTab}.body.id; }" Mode="Raw" />
                                        </Params>
                                    </AutoLoad>
                                    <LoadMask Msg="Loading..." ShowMask="true" />
    Last edited by Daniil; Feb 09, 2011 at 2:12 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

If there is FitHeight="true" for ColumnLayout please remove AutoHeight="true" for its items.

Also, the "homeTabLayoutWrapper" panel needs a height to it or it won't show the columnLayout. This is really annoying because i don't want to set a static height. Sometimes the accordions can run off the page or the message board is too long. AutoHeight doesn't work either.
    Does this panel have respective layout? For, example, fit layout.

Generally speaking we need a testable full (but simplified) example (and steps to reproduce if required) to investigate this issue. Please provide if the recommendations above won't help.
    All the code is included. What else do you need?

If there is FitHeight="true" for ColumnLayout please remove AutoHeight="true" for its items.
    That didn't work or if it did, then the problem is above the ColumnLayout.

Does this panel have respective layout? For, example, fit layout.
    I'm not sure I know what you mean.

<ext:Panel ID="homeTabLayoutWrapper" runat="server" Border="false" Layout="fit" >
    Last edited by Daniil; Feb 01, 2011 at 7:21 PM. Reason: Please use [CODE] tags
    This doesn't work.

<ext:Panel ID="homeTabLayoutWrapper" runat="server" Border="false" Layout="fit">
        <Items>
        <ext:ColumnLayout ID="clnLayoutHomeTab" runat="server" FitHeight="true">
            <Columns>
                    <ext:Panel ID="plnHomeTabMessageBoards" runat="server" Width="500" Border="false">
                        <AutoLoad Url="/Group/HomeTab_MessageBoards" ShowMask="true" >
                            <Params>
                                <ext:Parameter Name="containerId" Value="function () { return #{plnHomeTabMessageBoards}.body.id; }" Mode="Raw" />
                            </Params>
                        </AutoLoad>
                    <ext:Panel ID="Panel3" runat="server" Width="400" Layout="fit" Border="false">
                        <Items>
                         <ext:Panel ID="accEventsWrapper" runat="server" AutoHeight="true" Border="false">
                                <Items>
                                        <Items>
                                            <ext:Panel ID="accEventsPanel" runat="server" Border="false" AutoHeight="true" Layout="fit" Title="Events"  Collapsed="false" Padding="10" />
                                        </Items>
                                </Items>
                            <ext:Panel ID="accPhotosWrapper" runat="server" AutoHeight="true" Border="false">
                                <Items>
                                        <Items>
                                            <ext:Panel ID="accPhotosPanel" runat="server" Border="false" AutoHeight="true" Layout="fit" Title="Photos"  Collapsed="false" Padding="10" />
                                        </Items>
                                </Items>
                            <ext:Panel ID="accRolesWrapper" runat="server" AutoHeight="true" Border="false">
                                <Items>
                                        <Items>
                                            <ext:Panel ID="accRolesPanel" runat="server" Border="false" AutoHeight="true" Layout="fit" Title="My Roles"  Collapsed="true" Padding="10">
                                                  <AutoLoad Url="/Group/HomeTab_MyRoles" NoCache="true" ShowMask="true" Scripts="true">
                                                    <Params>
                                                        <ext:Parameter Name="containerId" Value="function () { return #{accRolesPanel}.body.id; }" Mode="Raw" />
                                                    </Params>
                                                 </AutoLoad>
                                        </Items>
                                </Items>
                        </Items>
            </Columns>
    </Items>
    This does work. Adding set height. Why is that? Why doesn't AutoHeight work here?

<ext:Panel ID="homeTabLayoutWrapper" runat="server" Border="false" Layout="fit" Height="600">
    Quote Originally Posted by craig2005 View Post
    All the code is included. What else do you need?

That didn't work or if it did, then the problem is above the ColumnLayout.
    Well, I can't see the following things: /Group/HomeTab_MessageBoard, /Group/HomeTab_MyRoles, /Group/HomeTab.

Also I don't know where I should place GroupPageWrapper panel.

Generally speaking, we need a sample which we can run without changes from our side. This is required because we are not sure what exactly wrongs there.

Please note that you can send test project on our support e-mail:
    support@object.net

I'm not sure I know what you mean.

This part looks good.
    This doesn't work.

<ext:Panel ID="homeTabLayoutWrapper" runat="server" Border="false" Layout="fit">
        <Items>
            <Columns>
                    <ext:Panel ID="plnHomeTabMessageBoards" runat="server" Width="500" Border="false">
                        <AutoLoad Url="/Group/HomeTab_MessageBoards" ShowMask="true" >
                            <Params>
                            </Params>
                        </AutoLoad>
                        <Items>
                         <ext:Panel ID="accEventsWrapper" runat="server" AutoHeight="true" Border="false">
                                <Items>
                                        <Items>
                                        </Items>
                                </Items>
                            <ext:Panel ID="accPhotosWrapper" runat="server" AutoHeight="true" Border="false">
                                <Items>
                                        <Items>
                                        </Items>
                                </Items>
                            <ext:Panel ID="accRolesWrapper" runat="server" AutoHeight="true" Border="false">
                                <Items>
                                        <Items>
                                                    <Params>
                                                    </Params>
                                                 </AutoLoad>
                                        </Items>
                                </Items>
                        </Items>
            </Columns>
    </Items>
    This does work. Adding set height. Why is that? Why doesn't AutoHeight work here?

<ext:Panel ID="homeTabLayoutWrapper" runat="server" Border="false" Layout="fit" Height="600">
    Well, AutoHeight is no layout manager. If child container with AutoHeight="true" is placed within top container which has no height (specified or came from layout manager) then AutoHeight will not "expand" child container.

I think, but not sure, you should be able to achieve this avoiding setting Height for homeTabLayoutWrapper explicitly. Try to wrap this panel in <ext:FitLayout>.

Example
    <ext:FitLayout runat="server">
        <Items>            
            <ext:Panel ID="homeTabLayoutWrapper" ...>
        </Items>    
    </ext:FitLayout>
    Last edited by Daniil; Feb 02, 2011 at 7:37 AM. Reason: Added <Items>
    nope, doesn't work. Did you want me to use the Content or Items node for <Ext:FitLayout>. I tried the Items
    nope, doesn't work. Did you want me to use the Content or Items node for <Ext:FitLayout>. I tried the Items
    Yes, I missed <Items>.

What about testable and minimized example? Could you provide?

Well, I can't see the following things: /Group/HomeTab_MessageBoard, /Group/HomeTab_MyRoles, /Group/HomeTab.

Also I don't know where I should place GroupPageWrapper panel.

Generally speaking, we need a sample which we can run without changes from our side. This is required because we are not sure what exactly wrongs there.

Please note that you can send test project on our support e-mail:
    support@object.net
    The HomeTab is the large piece of code i sent.

The other two aren't relevant. They are just calls to other files. Why do they matter?

The problem is at the top level.

If you really want, i can put a project together.

Also, we need to revisit the column width issue as well. Why is the column width not static?
    I tried to attach the example, but the attachments aren't working for me. It's pretty much the same code as i already posted.

File Locations:

/Controllers/HomeController.cs
    /Views/Home/HomeTab.ascx
    /Views/Home/HomeGrid.ascx
    /Views/Home/Index.aspx

HomeTab.ascx

<%@ Control Language="C#" Inherits="System.Web.Mvc.ViewUserControl<dynamic>" %>
    <%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var template = '<span style="color:{0};">{1}</span>';

var change = function (value) {
            return String.format(template, (value > 0) ? "green" : "red", value);
        };

var pctChange = function (value) {
            return String.format(template, (value > 0) ? "green" : "red", value + "%");
        };
    </script>
    <ext:FitLayout ID="FitLayout1" runat="server">
    <Items>
    <ext:Panel ID="homeTabLayoutWrapper" runat="server" Border="false">
        <Items>
            <Columns>
                    <ext:Panel ID="homeGrid" runat="server" Width="500" Border="false">
                        <AutoLoad Url="/Home/HomeGrid" ShowMask="true" >
                            <Params>
                                <ext:Parameter Name="containerId" Value="function () { return #{homeGrid}.body.id; }" Mode="Raw" />
                            </Params>
                        </AutoLoad>
                        <Items>
                                <Items>
                                        <Items>
                                            <ext:Panel ID="accEventsPanel" runat="server" Border="false" AutoHeight="true" Layout="fit" Title="Events"  Collapsed="false" Padding="10">
                                                                                           <Content>
                                                    <p>This is a paragraph.</p>

</Content>   
                                        </Items>
                                </Items>
                                <Items>
                                        <Items>
                                            <ext:Panel ID="accPhotosPanel" runat="server" Border="false" AutoHeight="true" Layout="fit" Title="Photos"  Collapsed="false" Padding="10">
                                               <Content>

</Content>
                                        </Items>
                                </Items>
                            <ext:Panel ID="accRolesWrapper" runat="server" AutoHeight="true" Header="false" Border="false">
                                <Items>
                                        <Items>
                                                  <Content>

</Content>
                                        </Items>
                                </Items>
                        </Items>
            </Columns>
    </Items>
    </Items>
    </ext:FitLayout>

HomeGrid.ascx

<%@ Control Language="C#" Inherits="System.Web.Mvc.ViewUserControl<dynamic>" %>

<script runat="server">
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            this.BindData();

}

protected void MyData_Refresh(object sender, StoreRefreshDataEventArgs e)
        {
            this.BindData();   
        }

private void BindData()
        {
            var store = this.GridPanel1.GetStore();

store.DataSource = this.Data;
            store.DataBind(); 
        }

private object[] Data
        {
            get
            {
                DateTime now = DateTime.Now;

return new object[]
                {
                    new object[] { "3m Co", 71.72, 0.02, 0.03, now },
                    new object[] { "Alcoa Inc", 29.01, 0.42, 1.47, now },
                    new object[] { "Altria Group Inc", 83.81, 0.28, 0.34, now },
                    new object[] { "American Express Company", 52.55, 0.01, 0.02, now },
                    new object[] { "American International Group, Inc.", 64.13, 0.31, 0.49, now }
                };
            }
        }
    </script>

<ext:GridPanel
            ID="GridPanel1"
            runat="server" 
            StripeRows="true"
            Title="Array Grid" 
            Width="600" 
            Height="290"
            AutoExpandColumn="Company">
            <Store>
                <ext:Store runat="server" OnRefreshData="MyData_Refresh">
                    <Reader>
                        <ext:ArrayReader>
                            <Fields>
                                <ext:RecordField Name="company" />
                                <ext:RecordField Name="price" Type="Float" />
                                <ext:RecordField Name="change" Type="Float" />
                                <ext:RecordField Name="pctChange" Type="Float" />
                                <ext:RecordField Name="lastChange" Type="Date" />
                            </Fields>
                        </ext:ArrayReader>
                    </Reader>
                </ext:Store>
            </Store>
            <ColumnModel runat="server">
                <Columns>
                    <ext:RowNumbererColumn />
                    <ext:Column ColumnID="Company" Header="Company" Width="160" DataIndex="company" />
                    <ext:Column Header="Price" Width="75" DataIndex="price">
                        <Renderer Format="UsMoney" />
                    </ext:Column>
                    <ext:Column Header="Change" Width="75" DataIndex="change">
                        <Renderer Fn="change" />
                    <ext:Column Header="Change" Width="75" DataIndex="pctChange">
                        <Renderer Fn="pctChange" />
                    <ext:DateColumn Header="Last Updated" Width="85" DataIndex="lastChange" Format="H:mm:ss" />
                </Columns>
            </ColumnModel>
            <SelectionModel>
                <ext:RowSelectionModel runat="server" />
            </SelectionModel>
            <LoadMask ShowMask="true" />
            <BottomBar>
                    <ext:PagingToolbar ID="PagingToolbar1" runat="server" PageSize="10">
                    <Items>
                        <ext:Label runat="server" Text="Page size:" />
                        <ext:ToolbarSpacer runat="server" Width="10" />
                        <ext:ComboBox runat="server" Width="80">
                            <Items>
                                <ext:ListItem Text="1" />
                                <ext:ListItem Text="2" />
                                <ext:ListItem Text="10" />
                                <ext:ListItem Text="20" />
                            </Items>
                            <SelectedItem Value="10" />
                            <Listeners>
                                <Select Handler="#{PagingToolbar1}.pageSize = parseInt(this.getValue()); #{PagingToolbar1}.doLoad();" />
                            </Listeners>
                        </ext:ComboBox>
                    </Items>
                </ext:PagingToolbar>
            </BottomBar>
        </ext:GridPanel>
    Index.aspx

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Views/Shared/Site.Master" Inherits="System.Web.Mvc.ViewPage" %>
    <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="TitleContent" runat="server">
        Home Page
    </asp:Content>

<asp:Content ID="Content4" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" runat="server">

<ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server"   />

<div style="clear:both; height:25px;"></div>
            <ext:Panel ID="GroupPageWrapper" runat="server" Width="900" Border="false">
                <Items>
                    <ext:TabPanel Plain="true" ID="tpGroupTabs" runat="server" ActiveTabIndex="0" Padding="20" TabWidth="200">
                        <Items>
                            <ext:Panel ID="homeTab" runat="server"  Title="Home" Height="500">
                                     <AutoLoad Url="/Home/HomeTab" NoCache="true" ShowMask="true">
                                        <Params>
                                            <ext:Parameter Name="containerId" Value="function () { return #{homeTab}.body.id; }" Mode="Raw" />
                                        </Params>
                                     </AutoLoad>
                            <ext:Panel ID="tab3" runat="server" Title="tab3">
                            <ext:Panel ID="tab4" runat="server" Title="tab4">
                            <ext:Panel ID="tab5" runat="server" Title="tab5">
                        </Items>
                    </ext:TabPanel>
                </Items>
    </asp:Content>
    HomeController.cs

using System.Web.Mvc;
    using Ext.Net.MVC;
    using System.Collections.Generic;

namespace ExtTest.Controllers
    {
        [HandleError]
        public class HomeController : Controller
        {
            public ActionResult Index()
            {
                ViewData["Message"] = "Welcome to ASP.NET MVC!";

return View();
            }

public ActionResult HomeTab(string containerId)
            {
                Ext.Net.MVC.PartialViewResult pr = new Ext.Net.MVC.PartialViewResult(containerId);
                return pr;
            }

public ActionResult HomeGrid(string containerId)
            {
                Ext.Net.MVC.PartialViewResult pr = new Ext.Net.MVC.PartialViewResult(containerId);
                return pr;
            }

}
    }
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast