[1.0] Codebehind and GridFilters/Remote filtering

[1.0] Codebehind and GridFilters/Remote filtering

Hi

I have a minor issue with gridfilters when trying to set filtering remote using pageProxy
    In local configuration they are working well

Please note: Most of my controls if not all are build dynamically in code behind not in markup

My method store_RefreshData is called fine and I get the filters/json string using e.Parameters[_gridFilters.ParamPrefix]) when set and FilterConditions object is also initialized correctly and can be parsed as in the examples
    If I uncheck the filter the data continues to be sent therough
    {"gridfilters":"{\"f_0_field\":\"levform\",\"f_0_data_type\":\"string\",\"f_0_data_value\":\"post\"}"}
    Anyone been messing around with gridfilters in codebehind and can give a clue or two?

Thanks in advance /Peter
    Hmm I found this thread
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...=remote+filter

You can use it in the BaseParamsof the Store

<ext:Parameter 
        Name="gridFilters" 
        Value="#{GridPanel1}.getFilterPlugin().buildQuery(
            #{GridPanel1}.getFilterPlugin().getFilterData())" 
        Encode="true" 
        Mode="Raw" />
    I will try this approach and see if it solves my issue

[EDIT:] Using this approach I get the filterdata I need when active and none when passive

rgds /Peter
    Last edited by plykkegaard; Jan 30, 2011 at 9:09 PM.

Clear gridFilters generated from code behind

Hi,

Did you figure out a way to clear the filters?

I too generate my grid and gridfilters from code behind using HttpProxy. However when I filter the grid on screen and want to regenerate the grid, I get an error.

As a reference, here is how I generate my grid from code behind:
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...sing-HttpProxy

Any kind of input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    What do you mean by "regenerate the grid"? And what kind of error is thrown, do you have a description?

I am using ext.GridFilters.ClearFilters() in codebehind to remove filters set by the user

hth /Peter
    Hi,

Thanks for the response.

My grid(s) are generated based on a date input and rendered to different tabs within a tabpanel. When the user changes the date input, they need to regenerate the grids. I do a tabpanel.removeAll(true) before calling the directevent that generates the grids but I am still getting an error.

This is the error that I am getting:
    {"Message":"Invalid web service call, missing value for parameter: \u0027start\u0027.","StackTrace":" at System.Web.Script.Services.WebServiceMethodData.Ca llMethod(Object target, IDictionary`2 parameters)\r\n at System.Web.Script.Services.WebServiceMethodData.Ca llMethodFromRawParams(Object target, IDictionary`2 parameters)\r\n at System.Web.Script.Services.RestHandler.InvokeMetho d(HttpContext context, WebServiceMethodData methodData, IDictionary`2 rawParams)\r\n at System.Web.Script.Services.RestHandler.ExecuteWebS erviceCall(HttpContext context, WebServiceMethodData methodData)","ExceptionType":"System.InvalidOperat ionException"}

And when I looked in firebug, the filters don't get cleared somehow.

Thanks for your help.
    Why do you need to regenerate the grid? Will the gridlayout change eg different fields/columns when the user changes the date?
    If the grid doesnt change take a look at remote filtering/sorting, it's quite easy when you understand the concept

If you need to create a new grid I think the best way is to do a full roundtrip to the server

As start examine the parameters you're sending in your direct event, looks something is a bit messy?
    I am using one parameter of the type string containing complex data in json format, I find it easier to control what's going on

hth /Peter
    I figured out a way around it:

Set store.Autoload = false;
    Add grid.Listeners.AfterRender.Handler = this.this.getStore().reload({params:{start:0, limit:20}});
    Add grid.Listeners.BeforeDestroy.Handler = this.getFilterPlugin().clearFilters();

And yes, I need to make a trip back to the server whenever they change the date input.
    Hmm well ok

I am using PageProxy & Remotesort eq true as in this sample https://examples1.ext.net/#/GridPane..._Sorting/Page/
    But also HttpProxy with Remotepaging and Remotesort eq true as in this example https://examples1.ext.net/#/GridPane...XML_WebService

From the page is opened by the user and it is closed I am using the same configuration of colums
    The same page can be used for different tables with different number of columns/datatypes/editors etc

The same page can be opened i different configurations each time in a new tab, if the tab is already opened the tab is selected as the active tab
    I am not resuing the tabs for different grids/content

rgds /Peter