Opening a window from a dynamic link

Opening a window from a dynamic link

Hi there,

I have just started using Coolite today (switched from the other extjs asp.net extender) and I am very impressed with how this is all going. Everything I have tried today has worked perfectly.

I am using the viewpoint control and in the east panel I have a list of names that are generated dynamically.

When clicked I would like further details, which should be editable, about the clicked name to be displayed in one of the ext:window controls.

So far I have been able to display a window for only the first name in the list because (i think) I am using the 'targetElement' property.

I also had this working using the onclick event of the name url by calling window.show, but this required a complete page postback, which is not what I want.

Can I have each name url display the ext:window with that particular name's properties?

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if this explanation is poor!

RE: Opening a window from a dynamic link

Hi t0ny,

Welcome ab0ard! and thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Can you post a sample of what you've got built so far?
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

RE: Opening a window from a dynamic link

Hi thanks for your reply.

Basically I have slapped the code from http://sandbox.ext.net/ViewPort.aspx into a page, but in the east tab panel I am placing a list of peoples names as LinkButtons, which come from a database using a DataList.

I would like an ext:window to appear that has dynamic content dependant on which LinkButton is clicked, but I am not sure if this is possible and If I need to start messing with update panels?