[CLOSED] Cannot drag controls to page in Visual Studio 2010

[CLOSED] Cannot drag controls to page in Visual Studio 2010

Hello,

I am unable to drag the EXT.NET controls from the toolbox to either Source view or Design view in my ASP.NET web page. When I drag the small gray square onto the page, nothing happens.

Double clicking on them doesn't do anything either.

If I manually type the control's information into my page, it works fine. Interestingly, it doesn't autocomplete my control (for example, if I type "<ext:" it doesn't give me an intellisense menu).

I am running Visual Studio 2010 version 10.0.30319.1

I am also running the Resharper 5.1 add on from Jetbrains.

Please help. I can work but it's a drag (no pun intended) to have to type out every control that I use.

Thanks,

D

EDIT: Solved. After doing some additional work, I closed and reopened the project. Although I tried this previously and it had no effect, this time it worked and I can now drag controls properly.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Jan 23, 2011 at 4:28 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Thanks for the update.

Glad to hear its working for you now. It does seem like many problems in Visual Studio are solved by just shutting down and restarting VS and/or OS.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hi I am also facing same problem.can you tell me how did you solved it??

Regards,
    Poonam

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore View Post
    Hello,

I am unable to drag the EXT.NET controls from the toolbox to either Source view or Design view in my ASP.NET web page. When I drag the small gray square onto the page, nothing happens.

Double clicking on them doesn't do anything either.

If I manually type the control's information into my page, it works fine. Interestingly, it doesn't autocomplete my control (for example, if I type "<ext:" it doesn't give me an intellisense menu).

I am running Visual Studio 2010 version 10.0.30319.1

I am also running the Resharper 5.1 add on from Jetbrains.

Please help. I can work but it's a drag (no pun intended) to have to type out every control that I use.

Thanks,

D

EDIT: Solved. After doing some additional work, I closed and reopened the project. Although I tried this previously and it had no effect, this time it worked and I can now drag controls properly.