Add html content inside ext:panel tags

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Add html content inside ext:panel tags

What I want to do is completely basic, I want to use ext:panel (or whatever tag i want) then at some point add simple html to the page. I thought you could do this with the Content tag but this doesn't seem to work.

<ext:AccordionLayout ID="docs" runat="server" Animate="true">
                            <Items>
                                <ext:Panel ID="docsPanel" runat="server" Border="false" AutoHeight="true"  AutoWidth="true" Layout="fit" Title="Share Documents"  Collapsed="false" Padding="10" />
                            </Items>

<Content>
                                 <div> Want to add HTML HERE      </div>
                            </Content>
                        </ext:AccordionLayout>
                    </Items>
                </ext:Panel>
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Jan 02, 2011 at 2:53 PM. Reason: please use [CODE] tags
    Hi,

I'm not sure why the <Content> tag is exposed on the Layout components. It should (will) be removed.

Just move your raw html into the <Content> region of a Panel type component, such as <ext:Panel>.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    Hi,

I'm not sure why the <Content> tag is exposed on the Layout components. It should (will) be removed.

Just move your raw html into the <Content> region of a Panel type component, such as <ext:Panel>.

Hope this helps.
    OK so now I have this but still doesn't work. Please show a code snippet if you can. I appreciate the quick response, thanks.

<Items>
                                <ext:Panel ID="docsPanel" runat="server" Border="false" AutoHeight="true"  AutoWidth="true" Layout="fit" Title="Share Documents"  Collapsed="false" Padding="10" >

<div>RAW HTML HERE                             </div>
                            </Items>
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Jan 02, 2011 at 7:23 PM. Reason: please use [CODE] tags
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkhas View Post
    OK so now I have this but still doesn't work. Please show a code snippet if you can. I appreciate the quick response, thanks.

<Items>
                                <ext:Panel ID="docsPanel" runat="server" Border="false" AutoHeight="true"  AutoWidth="true" Layout="fit" Title="Share Documents"  Collapsed="false" Padding="10" >

<div>RAW HTML HERE                             </div>
                            </Items>

Your code sample is fine, but you are missing the inner <Content> tags. The html should be added inside the <Content> tags.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

html inside content tag

Your code sample is fine, but you are missing the inner <Content> tags. The html should be added inside the <Content> tags.
    OK so I got html to show up by putting it in the content tag BUT.. I can't get server tags to work or javascript. How can I do this in the content tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkhas View Post
    OK so I got html to show up by putting it in the content tag BUT.. I can't get server tags to work or javascript. How can I do this in the content tag.
    Please post a code sample demonstrating the scenario.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

server tag nested inside ext:panel

Please post a code sample demonstrating the scenario.
                                  <Content>
                                     <div>Upload Group Documents! Share docs in a central place.<br />
                                            <div id="docwarning"></div>
                                            <%if ((Session["GroupMembership"] as GroopityApp.Models.GroupMembership).IsAdmin)
                                              {%> 
                                                <form action="/Group/UploadFile/" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" id="fileUploadForm<%=Html.Encode(grp.group_id) %>" style="display:inline;">

<input type="file" name="newFile" />
                                                    <input type="button" id="uploadButton" onclick="docUpload('fileUploadForm<%=Html.Encode(grp.group_id) %>')" value="Upload" />
                                                 </form>
                                               <%}%>
                                                <br />
                                               <div id="docTable" style="float:left; padding:5px 5px 5px 0px;">                       
                                               </div>
                                       </div>
                                    </Content>
    Any content other than plain html seems to cause the page to not render. this is getting painful
    Last edited by kirkhas; Jan 03, 2011 at 2:51 AM.
    Hi,

Please wrap your code sample in [CODE] tags.

Review of the following page will help avoid future delay in getting a response, see

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...ing-New-Topics
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Well, your code sample appears to work properly for me (after I fix the exceptions that are thrown).

The onclick handler is called properly.

You might also be running into problems with having nested <form> tags.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

mixed form panel

I could have sworn i saw in some example a form panel mixed with html content. But i don't remember the tag name that was used.

I think this was it.

https://examples1.ext.net/#/Panel/Basic/FormGroup/
    Last edited by craig2005; Jan 03, 2011 at 4:04 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast