can coolite coexist with ajax.net control toolkit

can coolite coexist with ajax.net control toolkit

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question, but does this library coexist with the Ajax.net library distributed by Microsoft?

I am impressed with ExtJs and would like to buy and use some of the controls for project.

I read somewhere on the net that people had problems integrating ExtJs AJAX calls with Ajax.net library (specially as regards to grid control)

Thanks
    SK

RE: can coolite coexist with ajax.net control toolkit

Hi SK,

The only confict I know about is the String.format JavaScript function. Both the ASP.NET AJAX Library and ExtJS override the String.format and that causes a collision. Each library uses a different parameter syntax.*There is a work-around, but other than that I don't think there is any problems. The String.format conflict is a pretty minor issue.*

There are lots of people here using ASP.NET AJAX (and UpdatePanel) in conjunction with the Coolite Toolkit. Although unless there's something specific you need from ASP.NET AJAX that's not covered by the Toolkit, there shouldn't be much reason to include the <asp:ScriptManager> on the Page. Just depends on your scenario I guess.*

What functionality are you using ASP.NET AJAX for? maybe I can address specific issues?

Hope this helps answer your question.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

We are using Microsoft AJAX.NET UpdatePanels, Coolite and AjaxControlToolkit in a single project with no issues.

Nothing special required.

Cheers,
    Timothy

*We are also using Microsoft AJAX.NET, Coolite, and AjaxControlToolkit with no issues. *We are slowly moving away from Microsoft AJAX.NET based on Geoffrey's recommendation.