Dynamic Tab in MVC

Dynamic Tab in MVC

Hi Geoffrey,

I'm having a hard time trying to do something very trivial with ASP.NET MVC Beta 1 and Coolite 0.6.0. I need to change the title on one Tab to some value stored in ViewData. I'm trying to do something like this:

<ext:Tab ID="Tab1" runat="server" Title="<%= Html.Encode(ViewData["Title"]) %>" AutoScroll="true">
    but when I run it I get the error: "Server tags cannot contain <% ... %> constructs."

Any ideas how I can accomplish this?

Thanks

- Juan

RE: Dynamic Tab in MVC

What about using:

<ext:tab ... Title=' ... ' ...>

</ext:tab>
    Timothy

Hi*Juan,

Your code should work (I haven't tested to confirm), but you will have to call Tab1.DataBind() in your code-behind/view.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

oops...

I just noticed something else, you will probably have to change the tag to the following.

Example

<ext:Tab ID="Tab1" runat="server" Title='<%= Html.Encode(ViewData["Title"]) %>' AutoScroll="true">

Notice 'single-quotes' wrapping the Title value.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Thank you Geoffrey and Timothy. The single quote PLUS the Databind() did the trick.

- Juan

No problem, you're using MVC. Have you had a chance to use buttons? If you have would you be able to post an example of how you are using it to submit?

Cheers,
    Timothy

I do not use Ext:Button. I use the MVC Futures(http://www.codeplex.com/aspnet/Relea...eleaseId=18459) which contains a number of HTML helpers. Two of them are Html.SubmitImage and Html.SubmitButton. This is how I handle my submits.

- Juan