[CLOSED] put a data view inside a data view,

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[CLOSED] put a data view inside a data view,

I try to put a Dataview inisde a .tpl element of a dataview but it keeps see it as a text is there any way to tell EXT to treat the nested dataview as a EXT control not as a HTML.

also i try to draw the nested dataview inside an external div then try using innerHTML properties using javasceipt but it even did not see the HTML elements of parent dataview and keeps return null value,

any advise to fix this issue guys .....
    Last edited by Daniil; Mar 15, 2011 at 7:36 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

The role of the XTemplate is to render text (ie, html) based upon the values from a data source. It will not render/parse internal ASP.NET controls as anything other than text.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

thanks man...

is there any work around or suggestion to handle this , im stuck now with this...

i think of use innerHMTL property of element , is there anything inside EXT like document.ready at jquery to be able to get the element inside the dataview as Javascript objects.

really your urgent help are appreciated.
    Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no workaround to place DataView inside another DataView.

Could you provide more details about your requirement? Why do you need to place DataView inside DataView? What is the structure of data?

We need this information to give you suggestions.

more information

I have two Stores (Store1: Get General Information of Person. , Store 2:Get Friend Images of the Person).

our design put the friend Images inside a Table of Person General Information.

I try to use panel , but its styling is not much easiser and we dont have that much of time.

I creat a dataView and bind the first DataStore to it, inside the .tpl of the dataview i have a td which contains the person images.

I try to use the dataview and bind the person images store to it but it is not working.

I try to put the person images dataview inside a div outside and at run time use inner HTML of property, as work around , and i failed , and by now i search ext for an event which ensure that all HTML element of the page are loaded , cause it keeps prompt me that the element i get is null.
    Well, we can suggest you the following two ways.

1. Define <div> in DataView of top level. Render DataView of child level after rendering of top level DataView. Here is an example which can help you to start.
    https://examples1.ext.net/#/Miscella...amic_Template/

2. Using the following extension
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ew-or-listview