[CLOSED] Crystal reports export and printing icm with ext.net

[CLOSED] Crystal reports export and printing icm with ext.net

Hi,

Probably not that easy to solve.
    Using Crystal Reports viewer with asp.net ajax update panels had some problems in the past with printing and exporting the same report. That could be solved by using the following code:

scriptManager.RegisterPostBackControl(this.Crystalreportviewer);
    I've tried to use an asp:scriptmanager next to the resourcemanager to solve the 'not able to print and export' issue while using the crystal reports viewer in combination with ext.net, but it doesn't work. Still able to view the report, but not able to print it. Clicking the print button on the report causes a postback now, but still no print dialog appears.

I can work around the problem by opening the reports in an new window, but I want to use the toolbar within the window. So I need to use the resourcemanager.

Any ideas which solution will be possible to use in ext.net ?

Martin
    Last edited by Daniil; Dec 09, 2010 at 4:30 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

As I understood you want to activate printing during DirectEvent/DirectMethod?
    If yes then Can you create test project with all required assemblies and send it to the support email?
    I did not work with Crystal Reports previously but I will try to play with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Hi,

As I understood you want to activate printing during DirectEvent/DirectMethod?
    If yes then Can you create test project with all required assemblies and send it to the support email?
    I did not work with Crystal Reports previously but I will try to play with it
    Hi Vlad,

I will do that. It was a wild guess that you already know a solution.

Martin
    Hi,

Foe me all works fine. Print and Export dialogs appear after postback (tested under IE8, FF 3.6, Chrome 8). I had problems with FF and Chrome because they block Crystal Reports popup windows. After removing that security behaviuor for localhost the dialogs appear under FF and Chrome also (tested under Vista with ASP.NET developement server)
    Hi,

Foe me all works fine. Print and Export dialogs appear after postback (tested under IE8, FF 3.6, Chrome 8). I had problems with FF and Chrome because they block Crystal Reports popup windows. After removing that security behaviuor for localhost the dialogs appear under FF and Chrome also (tested under Vista with ASP.NET developement server)
    Mmmm...I see. Didn't test it on IE, but now i see it works on ie.
    I don't receive a security message in my chrome browser (I only tested it on that one) .

Thanks for looking. Will reinstall my current chrome browser or google why I don't get the message..

Sorry for taking your time.

martin
    Hi,

Yes, I did not receive security message under Chrome also. I saw that message under FF therefore my assumtion was that the similar problem under Chrome, I added exception rule for localhost in the Chrome options and all works fine now
    Forget the email I just send to support@object.net

I see you have the same problem (didn't see your reply before). Will communicate this with my customers..

Regards,

Martin
    Hi,

You have to add exception rule in the Chrome to avoid popup windows blocking

http://www.thewwwblog.com/block-popu...e-browser.html
    Hi,

You have to add exception rule in the Chrome to avoid popup windows blocking

http://www.thewwwblog.com/block-popu...e-browser.html
    Did that ..

People using chrome will see a notification window with a link to the official chrome manual concerning this behaviour.

Thanks Vladimir !

Martin