[CLOSED] GAC Install

[CLOSED] GAC Install

Hello! I am working on building multiple applications on Ext.Net. Instead of copying DLLs to each application bin, I thought I'd put Ext.Net DLLs into GAC (Global Assembly Cache) and have it globally available for all .net applications.

So I've installed the DLLs into GAC and get following errors:

Configuration Error

Description:  An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to  service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify  your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message:  Could not load file or assembly 'Ext.Net' or one of its dependencies. The  system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 54:                 <add assembly="System.Data.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"/> 
    Line 55:                 <add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />
    Line 56:                 <add assembly="Ext.Net" />
    Line 57:                 <add assembly="*" /> 
    Line 58:             </assemblies>
    Source  File: web.config    Line: 56
    Anyone have any idea what's wrong? I guess it's more of .net issue than Ext.net issue. I may be doing something wrong with web.config files. I am using .net 3.5 with IIS 6.0.
    Last edited by Daniil; Dec 13, 2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi koss,

You are a premium member and can post technical support question in the Premium Help forum because the focus is always on that forum.

This thread has been moving to Premium Help forum.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Dec 08, 2010 at 5:29 PM.
    Since this is a .net issue and not ext.net issue, I thought I'd put it in general help section. Anyways, I solved the issue using exact version number, culture, and public key token:

<add assembly="Ext.Net, Version=1.0.3960.36328, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2e12ce3d0176cd87"/>
    Strange it didn't take "Version=1.0.*"
    Hi,

As far as I can know if we need to get an access to an assembly from GAC we have to define a Strong Name (fully qualified) for this assembly. A Strong Name includes a full version.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/maga...163583.aspx#S2