Install and Setup Guide for Visual Studio

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by urbn View Post
    Hi everyone. I have been spending the day working with Ext.Net and so far I am loving it. I have been looking for something like this for over a year now and am excited to get started with it.

[*]Browse to your projects /bin directory (were you copied the DLL's to) and select the 3 DLL's and click ok.[*]Under Imported namespaces scroll to the bottom and click on the checkboxes for the following:
    *Note: Include which ever ones you plan to use.

Ext
    Ext.Net
    Ext.Net.Utilities
    Newtonsoft
    Newtonsoft.Json
    [*]Save your project.

Web.config changes[*]Open your web.config file. You will need to add the following to your config file.
    the #12 is where it says "Under Imported namespaces scroll to the bottom and click on the checkboxes for the following", which can be found in the above quote.

thanks for reply, it works just adding the reference
    Last edited by mrmaldivian; Jul 21, 2011 at 2:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmaldivian View Post
    the #12 is where it says "Under Imported namespaces scroll to the bottom and click on the checkboxes for the following", which can be found in the above quote.
    Yes, I saw that. I just said that it's not required to use Ext.Net.

Problem with ext.net configuration

Hi.
    I make everything that urbn explained, and my problems started, I guess, in this step:
    <extnet />

<!-- 
            The following system.web section is only requited for running ASP.NET AJAX under Internet
            Information Services 6.0 (or earlier).  This section is not necessary for IIS 7.0 or later.
        -->
        <system.web>
            <httpHandlers>
                <add path="*/ext.axd" verb="*" type="Ext.Net.ResourceHandler" validate="false" />
            </httpHandlers>
            <httpModules>
                <add name="DirectRequestModule" type="Ext.Net.DirectRequestModule, Ext.Net" />
            </httpModules>
        </system.web>

<!-- 
            The system.webServer section is required for running ASP.NET AJAX under Internet Information Services 7.0.
            It is not necessary for previous version of IIS.
        -->
        <system.webServer>
            <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
            <modules>
                <add 
                    name="DirectRequestModule" 
                    preCondition="managedHandler" 
                    type="Ext.Net.DirectRequestModule, Ext.Net" 
                    />
            </modules>
            <handlers>
                <add 
                    name="DirectRequestHandler" 
                    verb="*" 
                    path="*/ext.axd" 
                    preCondition="integratedMode" 
                    type="Ext.Net.ResourceHandler"
                    />
            </handlers>
        </system.webServer>
    On the first line there is a "<extnet />" that I don't know where I'll add. So, I jumped that line and added all the other lines.

When I started the toolbox steps:
    Add Ext.Net to your toolbox.[*]Open a .aspx file to exit in visual studios. We do this so items are displayed within your toolbox (if its a .vb, .cs, etc it will not display items).[*]Next click on your toolbar and click add tab. Name this tab something (Ext.Net)[*]Right click under this tab click choose items[*]Click the Browse button under ".NET Framework Components"[*]If no errors are displayed you should now see all the components under the new tab.
    Another problem. When I click the Browse button, the window that opens is redirected to VS 2010 home folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE, so I went to my project folder and added extnet.dll manually. And all Ext.NET components were added to my toolbox.

When I tried to use one of the components, my Visual Studio closed!!! So, I opened my project again and tried to clean and rebuild my solution. By doing that an error appeared about Metadata not found.

Can anyone help me please?
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Apr 17, 2013 at 4:14 AM.
    hi,
    i had the same problem, have you add this code in your aspx page ?
    <%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>
    <ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server" />
    for me the problem was coming from this, i had an error syntax .... if this don't resolve your problem try to verify if you have correctly add the dll files
    Quote Originally Posted by oseqat View Post
    hi,
    i had the same problem, have you add this code in your aspx page ?
    <%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>
    <ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server" />
    for me the problem was coming from this, i had an error syntax .... if this don't resolve your problem try to verify if you have correctly add the dll files
    Hi oseqat. Thanks for your reply.

Looks like it is working fine. I'll work on it and I'll let you know if something gets wrong.

Again, thanks you for your help.

Visual Studio 2010 with .Net 4.0

Hi All,

I am using your codebase with .net 4. I haven't tried your current project files (1.1) to see if it works with .net 4 but your previous versions (1.0) didn't work. Microsoft changed their security model for .net 4 and the ext.net code doesn't work if you choose .net 4 as the target framework. I needed to use .net 4 so that I can utilize their .net 4 workflow assemblies. The only way I could get the code to work was to create a new projects with Visual Studio 2010 and then embed the files from your 3.5 projects within them. I also had to remove the security keys. Your trust statement was not enough to make the project functional with the new security model.

Regards

I've done!

Thanks so much!
    I got the error "missing the required DirectRequestModule" in win-x64 server.
    Following u,I've done!
    I got the error "missing the required DirectRequestModule" in win-x64 server.
    Another possible solution to use Classic app pool instead Integrated mode
    I am using your codebase with .net 4. I haven't tried your current project files (1.1) to see if it works with .net 4 but your previous versions (1.0) didn't work. Microsoft changed their security model for .net 4 and the ext.net code doesn't work if you choose .net 4 as the target framework. I needed to use .net 4 so that I can utilize their .net 4 workflow assemblies. The only way I could get the code to work was to create a new projects with Visual Studio 2010 and then embed the files from your 3.5 projects within them. I also had to remove the security keys. Your trust statement was not enough to make the project functional with the new security model.
    You can add the following instruction to AssemblyInfo.cs file of Ext.Net project and recompile it
    [assembly: System.Security.SecurityRules(System.Security.SecurityRuleSet.Level1)]

Ext.net have the tools to design as extjs designer???

Ext.net have the tools to design as extjs designer???
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast