[EXAMPLE] Desktop

[EXAMPLE] Desktop

We just published a new sample demonstrating the use of the <ext:Desktop> Control, see*https://examples1.ext.net/#/Desktop/...tion/Overview/

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

RE: [EXAMPLE] Desktop

very Cool!!

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Very cool indeed!! :) You just saved me a huge amount of development. It's been a few months since I last got into the Toolkit as I was waiting for a couple of controls, such as the Menu, etc, etc... Not sure if you recall but I was in the middle of re-creating the desktop myself which I can now throw away.. At least it taught me some of the inner workings other than just using the controls :) Have not got into the code yet, but will be doing so in a few minutes.

Seems this is a common comment, but nice on guys!! I have really enjoyed seeing this product grow since I joined. And looking forward seeing it kick everyone's a55es. Seriously powerful UI controls. The one and only for my projects moving forward...

cheers,
    Conor

PS: Happy new year!!

Hi All !

I just gave up to create my own desktop :-(
    I am not able to figure out wich container hierarchy is necessary.
    Even in the example explorer, I see, it is using a separate page [which seems to be loaded via form/ajax].

I have the following element hierarchy:/PageBody/form/ViewPort/Body/BorderLayout/center/panel/Body/fitlayout/panel/desktop, but no desktop appears.
    I can only create and see a desktop, if it is the only element on a page.

I am not able to understand, how a complete desktop - as a separate page - can be loaded into a center region [I assume, this is the way, the example explirer does it]. The latter, so I think, would even be a better approach then my original attempts, because I could separate the work. But then:How to load the desktop [then a sample would be a good starting point].

Some help would be really great!

br--mabra

The <ext:Desktop> control should be this highest control in the heirarchy. It's similar to a Viewport in that it will fill the whole Page.*

Here's a direct link the Desktop sample,

https://examples1.ext.net/Examples/D...w/Desktop.aspx

The source code for the Desktop sample is available from the following location,

https://examples1.ext.net/#/Desktop/...tion/Overview/

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi !

Thanks for your reply!

I read your posting, though, ... the coolite sample explorer is exactly, what I wish to create. I do not know, if it is, but it looks like:A border layout with an includet desktopn! Is this a misunderstanding? Is there any tip/docs which describes in more detail, how to do that? For me, a newby, it is "out-of-range" to understand this complete project, some details would possibly help.

Anyway, amayzing work!

br--mabra

Hey guys,

first let me say you are doing an excellent job here.

second I was wondering if I could add a panel on the taskbar of the desktop control like the one in the windows taskbar displaying the time?

thanks and keep up the good work