[CLOSED] Custom config for Coolite controls

[CLOSED] Custom config for Coolite controls

Hi Guys,

Our company has just purchased premium license for the latest version 1.0. I can not go through all the forum to look for a problem. Therefore if the answer was there then pls send me the link.

My question is:
    is there any kind of custom config for Coolite, which is setup by web.config?

For example, our product uses many grid panel which of course we need paging. The default implementation is 20 page size. Now we want to change that, let's say we want 15. How can we achieve that in one single config?

There are some controls we want to re-config them in the same manner.

Thank you.

Thai Anh Duc,
    Xn Hotel Systems
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Nov 10, 2010 at 3:50 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

You can set the .PageSize property of the <ext:PagingToolbar>. The default PageSize is '10'.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    Hi,

You can set the .PageSize property of the <ext:PagingToolbar>. The default PageSize is '10'.

Hope this helps.
    That means i have to do it for all grids in my application. It will be a nightmare when we want to change to another value at later point. Furthermore, pagesize is one example we are dealing with now. We might want to do the same thing for other controls; with other properties.

What i really want is that i want to change the value in only one single place, and then it applies to all.
    How would you set a global property across your application on an <asp:TextBox>?
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    In the case of asp.net, i can make my own control inherit from it and have its default settings. In Coolite, it requires Coolite control inside a container therefore i cannot create an inherited control from Coolite.

It would be nice if i can specify my pagesize in webconfig and then coolite gets that value :).
    What is preventing you from inheriting from one of the Controls?

The type requirements of the <Items> Collection is based on a "type of" component. If you inherit from a Control within the project, then that child component is a "type of" the parent.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Thank you

i will try that way again :)
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    How would you set a global property across your application on an <asp:TextBox>?
    By the way... creating a custom inherited control to just set a global property would be overkill. The easiest solution for setting a global property is by using the built in ASP.NET ".skin" functionality.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder