[CLOSED] [1.0] Huge performance issue in Ext.Js getForm().loadRecord(record) and getForm().reset()

[CLOSED] [1.0] Huge performance issue in Ext.Js getForm().loadRecord(record) and getForm().reset()

hi,

i have developed a page with same concept in the examples:
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/exa...form-grid.html
    https://examples1.ext.net/#/GridPane.../Form_Details/

which mean i'm using Ext.Net but binding the selected record using Ext.Js "getForm().loadRecord(record)". so i just attached a handler for the GridPanel "RowSelectListener":

/*C-Sharp Code*/
    RowSelectionModel model = new RowSelectionModel();
    model.Listeners.RowSelect.Handler = String.Format("bindSelectedRecord('{1}', record",
                                     this.FormPanel.ClientID
                                     );

/*Js Code*/
    bindSelectedRecord = function(formPanel, record){
    Ext.getCmp(formPanel).getForm().loadRecord(record);
    //i have extra code to bind custom controls through json web service.
    //the extra code is not the problem because if i comment the loadRecord statement everything goes very fast and smooth!
    }
    i can't expose more code... that's suppose to give clear idea about what i have.

after testing we found the web browsers "IE 8" & "Firefox" becomes slower then slower on every selection and consume more memory until we fully refresh the page. by using the IE 8 Profiler while keep changing the selected record the results show clearly that 60% of the time spent inside the "loadRecord". but we don't know why its slowing down the browser.

we also tested the "Ext.getCmp(formPanel).getForm().reset();" and again it was doing the same problem.

please help me figure out a solution. so far i tried to bind manually every control in the form and the browser didn't slow down. but that's not have to happen when you got a nice toolkit like EXT.NET!!!

thanks,
    Last edited by Daniil; Oct 26, 2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

Do you able to reproduce it on standard sample from Examples Explorer?
    Please try to simplify your page and post test sample which reproduces the problem. If you cannot post it then please send to support email and we will review it privately
    after updating from source control the performance issue totally resolved! thanks,

one more question: do i have to call getForm().reset() before getForm().LoadRecord(record); or no need for that?
    Hi,

I think it's unnecessary.

But take a note of this property
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/doc...ackResetOnLoad

This is used within the setValues() method which is internally invoked within the loadRecord() method.
    thanks, i'm aware of the internal code of the loadRecord. i made some tests and found that no need to reset before load...

please mark as solved!