famfam icons

famfam icons

Hello

I request clarification regarding licensing of third party elements including on coolite, for instance, famfam icons available under a Creative Commons Attribution license at famfamfam.com.

Is Ext.net free from this requirement? Do i have to apply this license requirement when developing public work with Ext.Net?

Does Ext.net include any other GPL/LGPL/Creative commons element I should be aware of? What about Json.NET?

Thank you in advance.

Arnau Lemonnier
    Quote Originally Posted by alemonnier View Post
    I request clarification regarding licensing of third party elements including on coolite, for instance, famfam icons available under a Creative Commons Attribution license at famfamfam.com.

Is Ext.net free from this requirement?
    No. The FamFamFam icons are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Do i have to apply this license requirement when developing public work with Ext.Net?
    Yes. If you use the FamFamFam icons within your project, then you must abide by the license and requirements set forth by the original author.

From Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License "Under the following conditions:"

Attribution ? You must attribute the work in the manner specified 
    by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that 
    they endorse you or your use of the work).
    The original author of FamFamFam has stated in their license:

Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License
    [ http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ ]

As an author, I would appreciate a reference to my authorship of 
    the Silk icon set contents within a readme file or equivalent documentation 
    for the software which includes the set or a subset of the icons contained within.

http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/
    Does Ext.net include any other GPL/LGPL/Creative commons element I should be aware of? What about Json.NET?
    Json.NET is licensed under MIT.

There are no other GPL/LGPL or any other 3rd party code (other than Json.NET/FamFamFam) used within the project at this time.

Licenses for any 3rd party code/libraries/content included with Ext.NET are listed in the following directory:

\Ext.Net\Build\Ext.Net\Licenses\
    If you are using the Ext.NET Community version, it will be licensed under AGPL, see the following for more discussion:

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...munity-license

Hope this helps answer your questions.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; May 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM. Reason: added some line breaks
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    I should add... donations to the Json.NET project can be made at the following location, see

http://james.newtonking.com/pages/json-net.aspx
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Famfamfam licensing

According to previous post, when using Ext.NET Pro Edition I should give credit to FamFamFam at any public interface on the internet, for instance including some credits page or a statement at the botton of every page. I think that in case of json.net this is not needed online, it only would be necessary attach to code or binaries.

Are you considering to provide some kind of license for the famfamfam library or include any other library? Icons are tightly coupled to ext.net and I'd rather not change them.

Donating to newtonsoft is out of scope as I'm using pro version.

Please, consider adding some advise on the matter at the documentation. After buying a license of ext.net I also got obligations to third parties.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Nov 04, 2010 at 3:58 AM.