PDA

View Full Version : Dragging a window over an iframe

Rod
Oct 06, 2008, 9:58 AM
Hello
I know there is the same problem with pure extjs, but this is really painful.
Isnt there any way or workaround to allow a proper drag when your mouse pointer leaves the window handle (cause the window moves too slowly) and ends over an iframe?

geoffrey.mcgill
Oct 06, 2008, 10:02 AM
I'm not entirely sure what you are asking for, but if the <ext:Window> is defined within an <iframe>, then the Window can not be dragged outside of the <iframe>. This is a limitation (or feature?) of the <iframe>.

If you want to be able to drag an <ext:Window> over/around/outside of an <iframe>, then you need to define the Window in the Parent Page. This is the technique we use in the Examples Explorer, see*https://examples2.ext.net/

Hope this helps.

geoffrey.mcgill
Oct 06, 2008, 10:03 AM
Moving thread to "Help (http://forums.ext.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4-1.aspx)" forum from "Bugs".

Rod
Oct 06, 2008, 10:27 AM
Actually that's not what I'm asking, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Take the example explorer, and open the "Source code" window. Now you got a window defined outside an iframe, and you can drag it over. But if your mouse pointer leave the window header, which is the handle for dragging, then the window will stop moving.
I hope it's easier to understand this way.

jlertle
Oct 06, 2008, 8:09 PM
Rod,

I experienced that as well but once I turned off debugging and rebuilt the project the lag went away.

Perhaps try that to see if it will be an issue when live.

geoffrey.mcgill
Oct 06, 2008, 8:15 PM
Hi Rod,

Ok, I see what you're talking about now. I apologize for the confusion on my part.

Yes, I have experienced the same Window dragging issues. I'm looking into the cause and to see if we can implement a fix.*

Rod
Oct 07, 2008, 4:33 AM
Thx jlertlt, but that's nothing like lag, but just a fact that dragging stop when your mouse pointer is over an iframe.

Geoff it's np, I dn't rly think I made myself clear to begin with :p