PDA

View Full Version : Is it a problem im adding BufferResize & MonitorResize attributes to all my controls?

netwearcdz
Jan 12, 2010, 10:22 PM
Question - I've been putting MonitorResize and BufferResize equaled to true on 8/10 controls I'm using is this wrong does this cause performance issues?

Layout Questions
1. How can i learn what layout is best for me.
2. Is it okay to have a page which has viewport > BorderLayou > Panel > viewport or would this just be wrong and over excessive?

geoffrey.mcgill
Jan 13, 2010, 2:10 PM
1. The Layout Browser may be helpful in determining your layout options, see http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/layout-browser/layout-browser.html

2. The <ext:Viewport> component should always (and only) be the root component. Nesting another Viewport inside a child component will cause problems. You might want to investigate using a FitLayout or BorderLayout within the Child.

Hope this helps.

netwearcdz
Jan 14, 2010, 2:21 PM
Thanks for the feed back i'll check it out What about the concerns with putting MonitorResize and BufferResize = true on all my controls does this cause performance issues?

geoffrey.mcgill
Jan 14, 2010, 2:34 PM
Hi,

You shouldn't require MonitorResize and BufferResize is being deprecated in ExtJS 3.2, so we're removing from the v1.0 build. There's been a lot of work done on the Layout logic, so neither of those properties should be required in v1.0.

netwearcdz
Jan 15, 2010, 12:32 AM
Gracious!

amexus
Jul 21, 2010, 3:48 PM
Error 11 Type 'Coolite.Ext.Web.Panel' does not have a public property named 'BorderLayout'. c:\Users\kshoubag\documents\visual studio 2010\WebSites\coolitetest\Default.aspx 32

WHy do I keep getting this error.....Thank you so much for helping me in advance...