PDA

View Full Version : wondering about caching JavaScript / ExtJS and Coolite Generated

pkellner
Oct 22, 2008, 3:41 PM
I'm wondering if in a large scale web application how Coolite helps work with cache javascript in people's browsers. Are the names for the ExtJS stuff always the same? I'm thinking so based on the .../Coolite.axd syntax but just want to make sure. Also, for things like web the web services that are assocaited with Store, will the JavaScript for those web services be cached? That is, I'm worried about the GUID constructors that change between sessions. How does Coolite deal with that?

Basically, I'm trying to prove to myself that with Coolite on a very large web app, the javascript will get cached when it can be and not have to be repeatedly downloaded.

Thanks,

geoffrey.mcgill
Oct 22, 2008, 4:52 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the questions and feedback!

This is a big topic and I'm going to need a a day or two to put together a response. I've already written the summary... "you won't be disapointed"

pkellner
Oct 22, 2008, 5:23 PM
Thanks, I guess you probably have answered my question by letting me know you have thought about it a lot. It's a huge issue from a system architecture perspective for me. Looking forward to what you put together.