PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED]Trigger Directmethod Only When Input Field Value is Modified

iansriley
Jul 21, 2016, 7:19 PM
Hi,

We are using 'Blur' event to call directmethod. In this process we are checking 'isDirty()' to decide whether we have to trigger directMethod or not. We want to go to server only when there is difference in old and new value of the control. but, isdirty() method is not giving exact status.

Is there any workaround for this problem?
Please see the attachment for more clarity.

fabricio.murta
Jul 22, 2016, 6:39 AM
Hello @iansrilley!

It is not clear to me in which circumstances you are getting isDirty() as true when it shouldn't, I didn't see you mention this part.

Think you could provide us a very simple example reproducing the exact issue you getting over there? Like, a 1-column grid with 3 records + editor, and a direct method that just returns X.AddScript("console.log('direct method called');"); should do.

Important thing that only you can provide us is a test case and probably steps to follow which reproduces the exact scenario you are complaining about.

Then I'm sure we will be able to help you filter out the event trigger or give you a better event handler for the needs you have!