PDA

View Full Version : About 1.0 roadmap

pumpkin
Nov 29, 2009, 3:09 AM
Hi, guys

I have a project that it base on v0.8, I want to migrate it to v1.0, but it is a huge project, so, I have to make a planning, I want to know when 1.0 will be released?

Thanks!

principal_X
Dec 02, 2009, 1:27 PM
Yeah. I was wondering about it too. There are some bug fixes I was waiting on that were fixed in 0.8.2. There hasn't been an update on your site since June. The only thing I have found searching the forums is that the 1.0 and the 0.8.2 will be released at the same time.

I know a lot of us are using your free community version and not financially contributing right now. Can you at least shed some more light as far as when we can expect something new? 0.8.2? 1.0? 3-6 weeks? 6 months?

I'm sure some of us, including myself, are working on approval for a professional version purchase and it will take some time.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

geoffrey.mcgill
Dec 02, 2009, 5:31 PM
At the moment we do not have a firm date for the public release either v0.8.2 or v1.0, although I would consider the current state of both builds in SVN to be in excellent shape.

The v.0.8.2 build has been cooking for a while now and is more than ready for release.

We're a small team on a *big* project, so resources get stretched and it just takes time to get everything done. I apologize for the delay.

geoffrey.mcgill
Dec 02, 2009, 5:46 PM
Moving to Open Discussions forum.

jasonetheridge
Dec 18, 2009, 1:17 PM
We are a small development shop that is considering purchasing the Coolite toolkit for use on all of our client projects. Unfortunately, with the IE javascript bug in 0.8.1, we can't yet fully test and research for purchase...so we are at a standstill waiting on 0.8.2. If it is ready for release, can we not get the community edition so that we can make sure that Coolite works and plays well with our existing components and code? I know you guys are busy, and your work is EXCELLENT...but I really need to know so that I can start looking for alternate solutions if need be.

Thanks!
Jason Etheridge
Logic Speak

geoffrey.mcgill
Dec 18, 2009, 1:24 PM
Hi Jason,

I'm going to try and release v0.8.2 right away. Sometime between today and Monday.

If you email me (geoff@object.net)I'll be able to send you the .dll's today.

juane66
Dec 21, 2009, 1:11 PM
the 1.0 version will go out today too?
thanks

geoffrey.mcgill
Dec 22, 2009, 5:52 AM
The v0.8.2 build has been released, see http://www.ext.net/download/

A 0.8.2 tag has also been added to svn.

I apologize for the day or two delay in getting this out the door. The last bit of testing uncovered a couple issues that needed to be addressed before release.

The first release of v1.0 will be available Jan 2010. Our goal is to release during the week of Jan 7-11.

Hope this helps.

juane66
Dec 22, 2009, 7:43 AM
Is there a changelog for the 0.8.2 version?
great work!!!!
thanks very much

sharif
Dec 22, 2009, 9:33 AM
what is new in 8.2? is it just bug fixes there are new functionalities

thanks

sharif
Jan 06, 2010, 12:11 PM
The first release of v1.0 will be available Jan 2010.

Is V1.0 still comming this week or it will take little longer

thanks

r_honey
Jan 06, 2010, 2:43 PM
sharif (1/6/2010)The first release of v1.0 will be available Jan 2010.

Is V1.0 still comming this week or it will take little longer

thanks

See Geoff, people are desperate out there. But this also stands as a testimonial for the good work you people have done and are doing.

So, for all of you, I have had a chance at 1.0 preview courtesy the Coolite team. It is in a good shape, and there are many new exciting features. For those planning to migrate, you can well study the changes from ExtJs 2.x to 3.0 at:
http://www.extjs.com/products/extjs/commitlog.php

as Coolite 1.0 has moved to ExtJs 3.1. There are a some last minute glitches that I hope the Coolite team is working upon. We should have a public RC release soon.

bluealbin
Jan 13, 2010, 9:16 PM
You said "The first release of v1.0 will be available Jan 2010. Our goal is to release during the week of Jan 7-11."

Is it still available? A bit later? or weeks later?

geoffrey.mcgill
Jan 14, 2010, 3:40 AM
bluealbin (1/13/2010)
You said "The first release of v1.0 will be available Jan 2010. Our goal is to release during the week of Jan 7-11."

Is it still available? A bit later? or weeks later?

Unfortunately I didn't get as much work completed over the Christmas holidays as I'd hoped, so we're a bit behind. We're working to get v1.0 out the door, but there's just an endless list of TODO's. Nobody wants to get this all released more than I do.

r_honey
Jan 14, 2010, 6:03 AM
[b]

but there's just an endless list of TODO's.

I just hope Geoff, that these endless list of TODO's does not introduce major breaking changes to 1.0 preview!!! ;)

sharif
Jan 14, 2010, 9:59 AM
geoffrey (void('');),

Thank you for you hard work and for keeping us in the loop.

danielg
Jan 14, 2010, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the update Geoffrey. Keep up the great work!

Dan

jchau
Jan 14, 2010, 5:43 PM
I highly recommend testing v1.0 Preview and doing a mock upgrade of your application. There are lots of breaking changes so even if Coolite releases v1.0 today, you will not be able to get your application on it right away. So better to do a mock upgrade now to ease the transition to v1.0.

Good job Coolite team. I rather you guys hammer out the bugs now than see 1000 posts on release day in the Bugs forum =P .

bluealbin
Jan 14, 2010, 8:29 PM
I really appreciate your hard work.
Coolite, gogogogogo!

netwearcdz
Jan 14, 2010, 11:29 PM
Thank you so much Coolite Team!

jay
Jan 20, 2010, 10:25 AM
My team like to purchase coolite 1.0 but we want to to try it to see if fit our needs.
do you have a date when it will be release this week or next week

thanks

sharif
Jan 20, 2010, 6:23 PM
I don't think it will be released this week. I read coolite toolkit will include 3.1.1. I guess it needs to be tested

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?threadid=21454-14-1.aspx