PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] refresh west panel

idrissb
Oct 13, 2008, 7:07 PM
I have a viewport with North, West, Central, and South.
in the north region I have an update panel which has a dropdownlist. when the selected index is changed, it calls a server method that reloads the accordion used in the west panel.

in the west panel i have code like

acc.Items.Clear();

<LI>Coolite.Ext.Web.Panel p = new Coolite.Ext.Web.Panel();</LI>
<LI>p.ID = "ExtPane" + i;</LI>
<LI>p.Title = string.Format("{0}", SiteMap.RootNode.ChildNodes[i].Title.ToString());</LI>
<LI>p.Border = false;</LI>
<LI>p.HeaderAsText = true;</LI>
<LI>p.Header = true;</LI>
<LI>p.Frame = false;</LI>
<LI>p.Collapsed = true;</LI>
<LI>p.AutoScroll = true;

p.ContentControls.Add(tree);
acc.Items.Add(p);

so when I change the value in the dropdown, it calls the method and it will generate an index out of range error when inserting the last item. Although it does not do this all of the time but my question has to do with updating/refrshing the west panel, after it is finished with the call, the old information is still displayed there.

of course, if I do a full postback everything works fine.

idriss</LI>

geoffrey.mcgill
Oct 13, 2008, 7:14 PM
I think we're going to need to see a simplified .aspx code sample demonstrating the scenario. It's difficult to tell what might be happening just based on the description. 

geoffrey.mcgill
Oct 18, 2008, 7:50 AM
I'm just marking this stale thread as [CLOSED] so we can cross it off our TODO list.

If you are still running into any issues, please post a code sample demonstrating how to reproduce the problem. If you have solved the problem, I'm sure others would be interested in the solution.

idrissb
Oct 18, 2008, 1:56 PM
that's fine. for now i am doing a full postback.