PDA

View Full Version : License key Protection

matrixwebtech
Jan 02, 2015, 4:25 AM
Hi,guys 1stly Happy new year all of you.

I have question in my mind about License key Protection.We can put our license key either in web.config or in Global.asax .putting key in Global.asax is more secure then Web.config.because after build project with key and remove the key if we upload the project dll in server its running well and license key not visible to others.which is good enough.

But what if some one knowingly or unknowingly (theft) use my key some other project,host another server.how can I know/detect how many domain use my purchased license key.may be project not hosted in internet but intranet is there any way to detect also.Is there any way to deactivate license key and get a new key?

geoffrey.mcgill
Jan 02, 2015, 1:35 PM
We cannot deactivate a License Key. Once you receive the License Key, we cannot deactivate nor detect when or where it is being used.

Protecting the license key and preventing prohibited use of the license key is your responsibility. The License Agreement (http://examples2.ext.net/#/Getting_Started/Release_Documents/LICENSE/) does contain some related information within the "4. PROHIBITED USES" conditions:

You are required to ensure that the Software is not reused by or with any applications other than those with which You distribute it as permitted herein. For example, if You install the Software on a customer's server, that customer is not permitted to use the Software independently of Your Application, and must be informed as such.

Hope this helps answer your questions.